Restaurants Lost to the Pandemic................NJ Edition

If the NJ restaurants are anything like the NY ones, the menu is better than the food. I went to Fishtail a few years ago, and it was just okay.

1 Like

Drove by Peters crab house tonight and it looked to have gone darkā€¦

2 Likes

Their lack of ability and care killed them long before COVID.

(And I believe they did close up shop right before it all happened.)

4 Likes

Two Ruby Tuesdays (Monmouth Mall and Toms River):
https://patch.com/new-jersey/matawan-aberdeen/s/hcbow/monmouth-malls-ruby-tuesday-eatontown-now-closed

The Ruby Tuesday location at Freehold Raceway Mall closed in May I believe.

Of all the mid-low range family friendly sit down restaurants Ruby Tuesday (tied with Chiliā€™s) is the bottom rung for me. Houlihanā€™s was probably top of the list with the TGIFā€™s- Red Lobster etc. etc. being the middle ground.

4 Likes

Question, what is your ranking on high-medium children only standing diners? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Donā€™t know where else to post, mods please feel free to move if this belong else where

Went to pick up dinner last night in a spot and the parking lot was about 70% full, bad sign. Went in and spot was at least half full in areas I saw including customers walking in from the street not masked at all.

Nothing wrong with the post to me besides Iā€™m sorry you had that experience.

1 Like

Where?

1 Like

Antojitos in Keyport ā€“ we drove by today (on our way to Los Corrales) and there was a ā€œFor Rentā€ sign in the window.

Our problem with Antojitos was that Los Corrales was better though farther, and El Rinconcito de Mama was closer, and Antojitos had a parking (and turning around to get hone) problem. Plus stairs.

Fresh Bowl in Red Bank

1 Like

j0nx,
Welcome to Hungry Onion my friend, Iā€™m assuming by your post you are another local Monmouth County resident! My children went to RBC so Iā€™m quite familiar with this location, sad to see it go. Thatā€™s a shame they closed, I believe it was a ā€œmom & popā€ not a corporate store so even worse.
Although not the proper thread where is your favorite Red Bank spot?

FYI here is our little ā€œWelcome To Hungry Onionā€ thread, please feel free to share more about yourself and welcome again!!

2 Likes

Thanks NotJrvedivici,

Yes Iā€™m a local. That location used to be a saladworks then they went independent. Unfortunately they opened a second location in the mall right before the pandemic. Red Bank has many great spots. I think Bombay Riverā€™s lunch specials should not be missed!

3 Likes

I think the Golden Onion Awards (aka the ā€œGreggyā€) ā€¦not an eating venue ā€¦was some how lost to covid as well! It would have been the 3 rd annual. FWIW

But never too late

3 Likes

Kudos to you! Yeah @gcaggiano you sleeping at the wheel??

3 Likes

Is there enough interest this year???

2 Likes

I vote yes o the Greggies

1 Like

Donā€™t know where to put it anymore, but was in CVS
Parking lot today in LS and saw work being done on the old Graze spot.
Just permit in window and workers inside, no indication of whatā€™s next there
Anyone know what chef Junior is up to these days, was a talented guy, just think that spot was too ambitious for LS

1 Like

Pho Da Nang in Old Bridge has re-opened.

1 Like