Red Horse, Rumson

My wife and I finally got a chance to try Red Horse. Unfortunately this was sometime before our vacation, and I forgot to post it at the time, I just saw the pics on my phone and remembered I had yet to make this post.

We arrived during the week, either a Tuesday or Wednesday and the place was pretty jumping. For the time you would like it was a Friday night vs. a weeknight, he’s not hurting for business. The bar was fairly full so we requested a high top table in the bar area. Besides 2 other unoccupied high top tables the room was full. The bartender takes care of the tables in the bar area, well at least the high tops, with the bar full it was a little slow on service, not enough to complain but not the place for a 'quick bite to eat" either.

Bartender was great, friendly and the service was good even if slow we ordered:
Burkes Signature Chicken (wife)
NY Strip Steak (me)
Burrata beet salad (shared)
Angry Lobster Baked Potato (shared)

All in all the food, including the beet salad were all very good. They were out of creamed spinach and I really didn’t care for the lobster baked potato (but my wife liked it) so that’s about all I can say about that. The food was overall good, but not so good I’m in a rush to go back.
Check was $ 185 without tip with 2 drinks so not really a cheap weeknight place for a bite to eat, but still it was very good and it’s the old Fromagerie so the memories are still there.

I admit I still do miss the Fromagerie’ and what it use to be. Red Horse isn’t near that, but it is a good option if you are in the area and have a few 100’s to drop, give it a try!

9 Likes

I would trade the baked potato for 2 more Stolis for an extra $3.

3 Likes

( I agree completely)

1 Like

I would say $12 for a Stoli martini at a place like that was the steal of the year!

5 Likes

Birthday celebration at a bona fide special occasion stalwart.

It was essentially perfect.

8 Likes

I love all of his restaurants! :pleading_face:

1 Like

I hope you enjoyed!!!

(was a good night for a rib eye, below compliments of 618 in Freehold - sorry crap pic)

5 Likes

Stoli martinis?

Actually I’m on the wagon for 2022. Time to lose some weight and get back to some semblance of “shape” again. ((Sigh))

6 Likes

Good for you! You are a better man than I.

2 Likes

You do know that round is a shape, right?!?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

He’s a one man wrecking crew.

4 Likes

I just hope the marriages he performs last longer than his restaurants

4 Likes

Happy hour @ The Red Horse. $10 burger, $8.00 truffle fries, $7.00 drinks.

11 Likes

Looks amazing :hamburger:

1 Like

Still $12 a burger….for now.

Happy Hour 4:30 - 6:30 and all night Tues

9 Likes

I note that your post in April the burger was $10, The $2 increase is typical-- even on the low side-- all across the country.

Funny I was watching the “Review of the Week” guy who did a recent review on the BK Ghost burger. In the review he said the burger alone is $ 9.00. First thing I thought of is I can get a great “homemade” fresh grilled burger, perhaps with fries, for $10-$12 - how or why would someone pay $ 9.00 for a BK burger?

That’s been my problem with these fast-food places trying to make “gourmet” burgers and charging for it.

1 Like

I realized that after I posted, but have since decided I will post a pic of that burger any time the price changes from here on out.

2 Likes

It should be $25 it’s so good :joy:

1 Like