Recs for Kitchen Faucets or Taps

They’re pretty easy to install… My problem with the hi-tech models is that they are not that hi-tech. The hand sensors work well, but I have yet to find a model where the higher tech features (app/wifi/BT) are better than abysmal.

1 Like

Yep! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m thinking spring.

No recommendation, but I just bought a Kohler Crue for an upcoming kitchen remodel. I went into the plumbing supply store planning to buy a Grohe faucet. However, the sales rep talked me out of Grohe. She said that in the last year they have had a huge number of quality issues with Grohe faucets and for the time being, they were advising not to purchase them.

1 Like

Finding a nice high spout was laborious three years ago when we were looking. Friends who were Moen people, as was I, told me to look elsewhere. I read some reviews and the Pfister we chose has given us pain free for three years. Woop-dee-doo, for what that’s worth. I like the high spout, looks good. Semi-hard water here, though. My previous Moen did last for fifteen, but my pals who’d gotten recent Moens weren’t as happy as they had been. Hate changing cartridges.

1 Like

Thanks for all your very helpful comments.

So, I was considering a Kohler pull down at the $600 Cdn/ $450 USD price point, and my local plumbing supply doesn’t carry Kohler. I haven’t gotten around to visiting the plumbing supply that carries Kohler yet, and rather not purchase through a Big Box store or online.

They don’t have too many Moens or American Standard pull downs in stock, so I’m still working on this.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this!

The Kohler Crue has a very nice design. Good luck with the remodeling!

1 Like

Yes!

Thanks for your tips. I’m buying a chrome Kohler Simplice with one handle.

3 Likes

Best of luck with that. They didn’t honor our need for a replacement valve, the unit was only 3 years old, so we went elsewhere. We got rid of all of our Delta fixtures and have been happy with Moen.

Nice faucets. Get what you pay for.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I have a Moen pull-out that came by way of the plumber and a plumbing-supply contractor. Not big box. He said he had installed this model in his mom’s kitchen. I have low cabinets over my sink so no clearance for the more popular tall shapes. My choices were limited.

1 Like

We have been happy enough with Kingston Brass to proclaim it our house brand.

1 Like

Reviews are not great on service and warranty. They do, however, say the reasons to buy KB are longevity and design.

[Oops I realize now I’m late and you’ve picked one out. Still, someone else might find it useful]

I’ve got this kitchen faucet and flanking soap pumps called Brizo Belo (Brizo is a Delta subsidiary) that I’ve had for 10 years and like quite a lot. I bought it for the styling which I thought was nice, but also because all the other faucets reverted from spray to stream when turned off. The spray here isn’t dependent on constant water pressure, so if I turn it off for a moment while on spray, scrub a pan (whatever) a bit, then turn it back on - still on spray. It is discontinued but still some warehouses stock it, but they’ve got brother/sister models still in manufacture that are pretty similar to form/function.

Like Dan said, internal parts are lifetime warranty unless due to misuse. My daughter broke the sprayer nozzle about a year ago (never did get the story straight) so I paid to replace that, which was a 2 minute job. The internal valve cartridge has just started leaking more than I can correct with simple collar nut tightening (I get about 1 drip per minute) so I emailed Delta/Brizo and they got the replacement valve cartridge to me in about 2 weeks ($57 “real Delta parts”, $30 non-OEM off Amazon). It is a simple drop-in replacement, too.

I had Kohler bathroom fixtures in my old house and one of them broke entirely (long horizontal pull for glass shower doors - bolt rusted through). At the time they had a 5 year warranty so I was just calling to buy because I was at 6 years. Person on phone said “Don’t care, close enough, we’ll send you new ones for free”. So that got my attention.