Recs for Kitchen Faucets or Taps

Do you have a faucet or tap you love?
I’m looking for a new one.

I’m looking for something well-made but fairly basic, without a sensor.

Open to all your comments.

I have Moen and American Standard in the kitchens, no comparison… AS gets the win.

But the bathrooms are all done with Kohler and are superior.

1 Like

Will share something I learned the hard way. In our old house there was a particular Koehler kitchen faucet I liked, though the high mineral content of our water kept corroding the insides. Turned out that the kitchen faucet I was purchasing from Home Depot was constructed less durably than a version sold by the plumbing supply house. Replacing that faucet every couple of years got expensive.

So we haven’t bought any faucets/taps from a big box store for eight years or so. Anything from a plumbing supply house, while significantly pricier initially, has yet to need replacing after years of service. Though again, the water in our area is notably tough on plumbing.

6 Likes

Thank you!

Our last faucet was chosen by our plumber and would have come from a plumbing supplier , but it wasn’t as durable or as nicely designed (from a design point of view) as I would have liked.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have Kohler in my bathroom, too.

No idea what brand of kitchen faucet I’m replacing. I don’t think it was AS, and it definitely wasn’t Kohler or Moen.

I switched to Delta a few years ago. I had some issues with other manufacturers, but not Delta.
Moreover, Delta has FREE lifetime replacement parts. I keep a file folder with all my Delta receipts, if I ever need a cartridge or stem or whatever… its free!!

2 Likes

Kohler also has free chargers and other parts!

I didn’t know that… Been some years since I installed a Kohler, so I can’t speak to their quality or longevity.

1 Like

We had a forced remodel of our kitchen last year after a big roof leak. I love the Moen pull down faucet we got. I’ve never had a new modern faucet before, and it’s great!

3 Likes

I have had a Grohe Concetto since 2011 that I really like. Functions great, feels great and looks (imo) great. Never had a problem with it is great quality.

(from Grohe’s site)

2 Likes

This one.

1 Like

Nice looking faucet!

Thanks for the link!

Are you looking for brand recommendations or style/feature recommendations? Koehler and Delta are good brands, though I have more experience with Delta myself. My kitchen sink is just from a big box store . It was reasonably priced, and I haven’t had much issues with it (9+ yrs now) except the faucet head. It’s got cheaper plastic parts that are prone to ‘sticking’ if you toggle between a spray and non-spray. The company has a lifetime warranty for replacement parts, and, to their credit, they’ve sent me a replacement 2x without much fuss. Since I don’t need a spray function, it’s not been a big headache for me.

Now if you want features, I personally dislike the pull out hose in the head or sprayer function. Getting that thing back in has never been smooth, and I hate to think what happens if it’s ever stuck. I have one that has a tall flexible neck and I love it; can’t imagine going back to a regular faucet. Mine came with that side soap dispenser garbage; do those ever stay functional? It clogged within 2 years and I now ignore that part. Don’t bother with that until they figure out how to build one that doesn’t clog.

2 Likes

I got get the part that clogs on Amazon.

1 Like

How often do you have to reorder it? I used to be diligent and clean out the clog, but I started having to do this about every 3-4 weeks and stopped bothering with it.

Only once. Husband wanted to replace the pump part and I googled how to figure out what’s wrong, and learned about the parts.

I bought two, but one was the wrong part. I think it was this one that worked.

That was in November 2020

1 Like

@Phoenikia , do you mind saying why without a sensor? There were some wiring issues when we got our latest sink, but other than that, I often appreciate not having to touch it.

1 Like

Just think it’s prob too fancy for my small 1950s kitchen, and I don’t have confidence my plumber will install it properly .

Hey! Is that a new avatar?