Recommended Desserts Toronto & GTA

After seeing laduree’ has opened up their bakery I intend to make full use of their delivery options.
Only few items have shown up so far.
Anyways here is the first delivery
Millefeuille good but I think fresh one from patisserie 27 is better
Pistachio Macaron good
Croissant à la Rose haven’t tried yet

2 Likes

Another round from Laduree’ yesterday quickly becoming the go to spot

4 Likes

NICE! Are you hinting that i should move downtown?! Ha!https://cdn2.hungryonion.org/images/emoji/twitter/laughing.png?v=12

They don’t deliver to your area Charles. I think we might be equidistance if they end up taking dvp for delivery no?

I’ve been enjoying sweets from Coco’s coffee shop on College St. These were this weekend’s pineapple upside down cakes.

4 Likes

Looking forward to trying something from Coco’s. I went there just once and there wasn’t a cake or cookie in sight. Maybe arrived too late? Must try again. Is there a good time of day?

1 Like

If they or anyone in Toronto can sell me a Religieuse, I’m in!

For you and @Phoenikia - I really miss the almond croissant from Clafouti (and their plain one was as good as or almost as good as in Paris). Does Roselle still sell them or is Conciabulle a good bet?

1 Like

Roselle does not regularly do croissants that I know of. Conci has great ones - aside from the standard, try the triple cheese, the raspberry, and the pistacchio. We also like the croissants at Bonjour Brioche.

1 Like

Yes, definitely aim for before noon! They post some of their interesting baked goods on IG!

https://instagram.com/cocos.to?igshid=NzZhOTFlYzFmZQ==

1 Like

Le Conciliabule is excellent!
It’s my favourite spot for French pastries on the east side!

I haven’t been to Roselle in 5 years, so no comment there.

I have to confess, I don’t eat croissants. I buy the almond croissants for my relatives who like them a lot. They let me know which ones they like more than others. I do buy other goods for myself at these bakeries, when I buy their almond croissants.

West Side

For French stuff on the west side, these are places where I buy almond croissants the most frequently:
Emmer ($7ish)
Annex Espresso Bar on Bathurst ($4 for almond, $4.25 for almond pain au choc/chocalatine)

Nadège in the Annex (kitty corner to Pauper’s Pub.
Bakery Pompette on College St

I didn’t try the croissants at La Boulangerie at Dundas just east of Ossington. For French bread, it’s excellent. I want to try the sandwiches. They sell some French imports. Definitely a nice posh shop to check out when you want a little splurge. They’re open Mondays, when places like Emmer, Bricolage and BarberShoppe are only open 3 or 4 days a week!

https://laboulangeriedundas.com/

Places I would visit again:
Thobors on Eglinton near the Allen Road, excellent chocolates, too.

I would recommend Geste, too, but I haven’t visited in 18 months.

Places I haven’t visited yet:
Castle & Coal

Places with line-ups on weekends:
Emmer
Blackbird in Kensington
Bricolage on College St
BarberShoppe on College St

Princess cake, pineapple upside down and raspberry lemon coconut from Coco’s coffee shop in Little Italy.

Almond croissant at Bakery Pompette is $4.95, and the Croque Monsieur croissant is $8.
Excellent cinnamon roll at Bakery Pompette.

3 Likes

Newish patisserie on Mt Pleasant, L’ amour Cafe
Kouign- amann 5/10 Dry, not buttery and no caramelized sugar crackle
Almond croissant 6.5/10 tasty, but skimpy on the filling
I’ll be back to try some of their other offerings.

3 Likes

Bakery Pompette’s $4.95 Almond Croissant is quite generous with the filling.

3 Likes

De Mello Coffee is my go to for almond croissants, but they’re close to $7 now and I wanted to check this place out.

2 Likes

I have bought the De Mello ones.

Bakery Pompette is providing more bang for the buck right now, relative to Emmer. La Boulangerie on Dundas near Ossington is good value, too , but I’ve only bought their bread so far.

https://laboulangeriedundas.com/

1 Like

I don’t mind paying $7 bucks for them, but now it’s only a once in a while special treat, and I’ll stick close to home for my treats :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New addition pistachio eclair from Laduree’
Sublime the center of the cream has pistachio (full fledged)
I think Nugateau is in trouble :grin:

3 Likes

Finally visited Emmer. They had an almond and (plum) jam croissant at $7.95 (ouch). A friend and I bought it to share. I brought my half home and shared it with my partner. It was very good. I also had a nice spicy chai at the little Indian cafe there. A good day for treats.

2 Likes

FYI Toronto bakers

3 Likes