Recommendations for gas cooktop, oven, range, fridge and dishwasher?

Lol, I have seen coworkers put dirty dishes in with the clean ones. The lunchroom was ever the place of contention, with regards to cleanup. A rotating list of duties was created, with everyone being assigned to do something 2 weeks a year. A tempest in a tea pot was born when the VP of Research and Development saw his name on the list. Ended effective immediately. It was taken over by housekeeping to our specs.

2 Likes

Those damned 1%'ers!

1 Like

Yes! And he is a FORCE. Maybe he should run for office. Or not…

Good luck on your design enterprise! I enjoyed (?) the year spent designing ours.

This is off topic sorry! But I thought you’d enjoy this ancient video (1950s) from New South Wales = work stations!++

3 Likes

Bosch dishwashers are great, but its products are pretty expensive. I bought kitchen equipment here https://mcdonaldpaper.com/cooking-equipment, especially I’m satisfied with the fridge (Turbo Air M3R47-4-N 4). They also offer free shipping throughout New York Metro area, it was a great advantage for me.

1 Like

Welcome!

Does anyone know if there is anything new I should know about shopping for refrigerators? I think ours is about five years old, and husband wants to get a new one.

Sears, Kenmore Elite, French door, bottom freezer, ice maker in the freezer, water in the door.

Early on there was a problem with the light inside not going off. It actually melted some plastic, and we learned about an old “recall” of the part. The light was replaced, but still seems warm to me.

Seems to me we shopped for. Sub zero in the recent past, and I was not moved.

I’m satisfied with my DCS (Fischer Paykal) fridge, and fortunately no service calls after 2 years. When we need a new one we’ll be getting a Miele, unless the quality has changed by then.

I’ve heard nothing but horror stories regarding Samsung, and not many ringing endorsements for SubZero.

LOVE the Bosch dishwasher!

2 Likes

We had a Bosch dishwasher for awhile, and one day I came back from time away and it was gone! Husband seems to like buying appliances more than I do. Not the worst problem I could have.

We necessarily chose Fischer Paykel when our country refrigerator was blitzed by an electrical snafu. The old cabin fridge stood in a tiny space and only FP had one with an appropriate footprint. We LOVE it. In fact, when we later needed to replace one in town, we went with FP again. Both seem very efficient and they are brilliantly configured to accept and present our produce, bottles, jars and “stuff” conveniently. Should also note that an early problem was immediately resolved by free phone calls to New Zealand! with smooth interface with local technicians.

We later needed to replace our beloved Aska dishwasher. A Samsung fit our space and needs. We’ve had it about a year and it is very satisfactory. It accepts wine glasses and seems quite gentle with them.

1 Like

Nice you love your FP & got great customer service. I’ve heard a lot of positive comments about their willingness to make things right if needs be. I have no complaints about my fridge and love everything else. I’m especially impressed by their ovens, even heating and very wide range of temperatures. Their 2 drawer dishwasher is a great product as well.

The ice maker on the French door Samsung is a nightmare. It’s always freezing over and not letting the door close properly.

Note re the Fisher Paykel refrigerator, besides the appropriate footprint, i was tremendously relieved to finally have vegetable drawers that would accept whole cauliflower or iceberg or large bunch of broccoli. These are DEEP. I have always snitted that refrigerator designers had obviously never brought produce home and tried to fit/cram/bludgeon big heads of things into the supposedly appropriate drawers.

1 Like

Shrinkwrap, that’s very funny - kinda like your husband arranging and booking tropical vacations. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My DH surprisingly was the one pushing for a kitchen redo and 2 bathrooms. I need to hurry and get a design in for the family room while he’s still in this mood…

2 Likes

Go for it! In my dream kitchen we’d have a his and her sink and a his and her refrigerator. DH doesn’t cook, so we still would only need one stove! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So…his and her sinks because you both wash dishes? You don’t have to say.:no_mouth:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Pilgrim and Shrinkwrap - you are too funny. One of the best decisions we made when redoing our kitchen was to add an additional sink. We prep a lot of our veggies there, sometimes we’re each prepping stuff in our two sinks. The separate sink also comes in handy after family dinners or entertaining, as it’s just to the left of our auxiliary 2 drawer dishwashers. Think we got everything in & cleanup was done fairly quickly after T-Day and X-mas. I don’t do the good knives in there nor crystal which would etch over time. I prefer cheaper wine glasses for that reason.

3 Likes

Amen to that about vegetable drawers! I also buy the big bundled package of Chinese greens a lot, and even those barely fit in the veggie drawers when I have a pack of carrots or celery in there, so my cauliflower sits on my shelf.

2 Likes

I lust for your kitchen.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience buying second hand better brand kitchen appliances on places like Craigslist?

Also has anyone used Bertazzoni range? How do you like it?