Recent Cookbook Aquisitions

Recent cookbook purchases. Most bought used, but very good condition. Some Turkish books, have had for a bit, but haven’t cooked from them yet. I like them all.

Last pic is of Nashville Cookbook, which is a fundraiser for Nashville musicians hit hard by Covid. Thanks to whomever recommended to me. Think maybe @tomatotomato or @winecountrygirl?? Glad I bought it, they’re going to be working on volume two soon.

6 Likes

Interesting purchases you have there, @Lambchop! I can’t claim credit for offering a recommendation, alas.

I’ve been purging my bookshelf to make some room. I sent myself a “free sample” of the Kindle version. I am hoping the illustrations will adequately represent the hardcover version.

@shrinkrap, if you’re talking about the Black Sea cookbook, I must warn you the binding on the book is definitely going to be it’s Achilles heel. While it was technically a used book, think that was due to an overstock, as it doesn’t appear to have even been cracked open. Still, it’s a very cool book, that I look forward to reading, cover to cover.

1 Like

I too recently got Shaka! Very intrigued by Black Sea…

2 Likes

Please be sure to let us know how you like it @poptart.

Got this a few days ago; she’s written a couple other single subject dessert books, Coconut, and Chocolate. Have the coconut one & it’s great. Look forward to experimenting with this one. She really knows her subjects well.

2 Likes

I want them ALL!!!

If you’re my next door, you’ll see me often, a fantastic collection of books you have! :stuck_out_tongue:

Beelzebub! But not really. (Just in case some one is watching.)

I bought “Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat” and I recently started reading it. It is really great so far! Not a traditional recipe book, but more technical I would say. it explains why some recipes taste amazing and why some don’t.

BTW I came across this website the other day, it’s got some nice recommendations t www.goodfoodbooks.com

4 Likes

I’m still on a spice jag and these 3 came recommended. I have a ton to learn! All 3 have regional recipes sprinkled in.

7 Likes

Haven’t bought any hardbound cookbooks lately, which isn’t a bad thing. Got the last one about a month ago, I think.

But I have bought a slew of on sale Kindle books, including Bravetart today.

Last night I bought one also, which I’ll add some screenshots. I’m kind of impressed with this woman. She went to a trade school, just down the street from dad’s house, 1st woman attendee, got her certification in carpentry. She is also considered to be the mother of “glamping”, 7 books under her belt, and lots of accomplishments. The recipes look pretty solid too.

2 Likes

Her’s, is a life full of achievement.

1 Like

Truly, it makes me feel kind of bad…@RedJim.

Lots of new Kindle books with slashed prices, including one I’ve been lusting after for years. Just downloaded a copy of the Complete Asian Cookbook by Charmaine Solomon. It is, of course the 2017 updated version. It didn’t look like the original book had the K version. Really anxious to try some recipes. I’ll continue looking for the older book while thrifting. It’s become a quest now.

As well, 3 new hardbacks. Will post photos in awhile.

2 Likes

That was the first Asian cookbook I ever bought. I have the 1985 edition. It is still one of my favorites.

2 Likes

I’m totally impressed so far, and I’ve only looked at a few pages in the Philippines section. She got right into lumpia and pancit, two things I’ve been craving lately.

Think I’m really going to enjoy this book @MsBean! Have a happy weekend. :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

I have my mom 's copy. Rumor has it I seduced my husband with with this.

9 Likes

Can tell your copy has seen a lot of love @shrinkrap

4 Likes