Raw Milk. Do you believe in Raw Milk?

Just teasing you. I am sure it is a thing, but I don’t have the pleasure try it yet.

1 Like

@shrinkrap I wonder if this is the source of what you had (milk cream flavor sounds like for di latte and I wish I could have some right now)

https://morseyscreamery.com
https://morseysfarms.com/buy-local-sold/

1 Like

Could be! I’ve been getting security warnings when I click the link, but it’s one of two sources for water buffalo milk Ive found around here. I was under the impression they made the ice cream at the restaurant, but that night I didn’t know what to believe!

I clicked through, the website isn’t very current I think is the probem

I was actually trying to find something in nyc, but of course everything takes me to Buffalo, NY :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Nothing surprises me when alcohol is involved! Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

1 Like

“Humans were drinking milk before they could digest it.
Study of ancient Africans suggests dairy consumption predated evolution of lactase persistence genes”

I can buy sheep’s milk from a local-ish fairy. I like it but it’s awfully pricey

Probably drink the sheep milk as a treat then. Is it like3-4 times more expensive than cattle milk?

I anticipated at least one Meet the Parents reference.

2 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Plant milks / juice, how do you like them?

1 Like

My guess is that you are noticing the difference between homogenized and non-homogenized rather than raw and Pasteurized.

1 Like

Sheep have a natural stink. Makes for good cheese.

Buffalo mozz is amazing.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll go. “I have nipples, Greg, can you milk me?”

1 Like

I have yet to try the milk or the cheese; but I was in the barn when a local farmer showed me the cute little bulk tank. I thought it smelled a little different. Little funk. That’s why I thought cheese right away.

1 Like

Lolololol

DeNiro is perfect for the part. There is no move that makes you feel so uncomfortable.

I think we’ll see goat milk come down a hair. More people are producing it.

I have had goat milk (brand is Meyenburg) available in my local grocer for years, but it’s all homo and UHT. It’s pretty good (and for some reason doesn’t bugger me the way cow’s milk does). It’s about $5/quart here (not anywhere near as cheap as In Greg’s Wonderland Of Dairy Stuff).

I’d be happy to find some that’s just regular Pasteurized and not homogenized (I mean, shit, I don’t mind shaking it!).

1 Like

LOL! Right. Maybe I’ll give goat a sip or two. My dad was raised on it. I save money by buying ends from the cheese factory. Lots of times goat cheese is all that’s there. I don’t care. Has a little twang I like. Goat gouda turns out pretty well. Muenster’s not too shabby, either.

2 Likes

Dude, from all you’ve said, you are living in a meat and dairy paradise! Compared to the rest of us.