Raw Milk. Do you believe in Raw Milk?

I don’t recall where I heard the line but it cracked me up.

Wish I could get ahold of the stuff. Some aged and fermented products need raw milk to turn out properly.

What’s the aversion to drinking milk? It’s been a staple in so many cultures for millennia.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Because some people just like to feel superior.

1 Like

Many who are lactose intolerant go goat with no problems. Got a twang to it. I like it.

2 Likes

My husband occasionally remarks about being weaned from cow milk, as someone above said and sometimes calls it cow puss. Somehow cheese and massive amounts of ice-cream gets a pass of the judgement. I don’t drink milk very often but see its appeal with chocolate chip cookies or a peanut butter sandwich. For some people it is a relatively cheap way to fill tummy’s. Pure snobbery to judge. She says in judgement.

2 Likes

I don’t drink much milk; but prefer raw when given druthers. I don’t get that much anymore, now that the neighbor is beef. If you try it side by side with whole homogenized, you’ll taste a difference. Bulk tank milk is filtered; just not heated and spun. You like what you like.

What kind of milk has been a staple in what cultures, and at what ages?

I haven’t checked out the sources.

I think breast milk of humans is usually tolerated by human infants, but you might not want to tolerate me when I drink cows milk.

1 Like

I have not done a deeper research, but my understanding is for most nomadic tribes like the Huns, Turks, and Mongols ( before they were called Mongols). They herd their horses, goats and possibly some cows, and goat milk is an important part of their diet

1 Like

(Takes note to keep matchbook handy)

Horse milk too, or at least as I learned in various history classes. Fresh and fermented as well.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I just assume there would be more goats than horses, but yes, especially the horse milk alcohol

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I had a dorm roommate in college who always took a matchbook to the bathroom shared by our floor. I’d never heard of that!

By the way, I do not understand why drinking animal milk is strange, considering some of our human ancestors drink animal blood

1 Like

I don’t think it’s strange. I do think some are averse to it, or avoid it because of side effects, and wondered if all cultures adopted drinking milk in adulthood at the same rate.

1 Like

I don’t mean you. I mean the article

Oh! Sorry, I must have missed that.

Not just ancestors. The Maasai drink the milk and blood of their cows. Gotta be better for you than the hyper processed crap that the food (the word is used loosely) companies want to con people into consuming.

Sorry. When i type on my phone, i tend to be not clear

That’s quite a rabbit hole to disappear into. Lots and lots of information out there.

I love rabbit holes!

1 Like