Pricing Craziness

Where the hot and cold items are all the same temp and gawd knows how long they sat out there before being consumed.

That would be least of my concerns!

1 Like

There’s a non-ventresca one too, a buck or two cheaper. But once you’re stocking them, it hardly matters. Cheaper in bulk, Amazon has them via various suppliers usually priced slightly better than the grocery store.

1 Like

If you’re willing to downgrade a tad, the Bowl and Basket brand of skinless, boneless chicken breasts in the family pack are $1.99/lb this week. I usually buy my chicken this way and freezer meal size portions.

1 Like

OK … I’ll do it. Just promise not to tell anyone! :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t want to deal with a family pack (yes, I know I can freeze some), and I feel better buying the Wholesome Pantry brand. (We bought only kosher chicken for years, so even with Wholesome Pantry, we’re paying less than we used to.)

I understand completely. We prefer Kosher for the taste but it’s so expensive and not much available close by.

Okay, I get it. But I’m coming to mistrust the household sections of this paper. Today I read an article there about disposing of household items/chemicals which said not to flush toilet bowl cleaner down the toilet.

?!?!?!

1 Like

Well i always take the cleaner back out of the toilet when im done…
Anyway - Wegmans boneless breats are trimmed a lot better than ShopRite & about the same price. FWIW

I remember the generic Doritos my folks would treat me to whenever they went out for the night. The salt content was scary. Still, I wish I was old enough to try generic BEER.

So, like name brand Doritos?

In my youth we were Old Style and Schmidt’s drinkers, in the wax cases. The generic beer, $.99 or so back in the day, was something that was only consumed in an emergency :safety_vest:

1 Like

:laughing::laughing:

I haven’t thought of Schmidt’s in decades. I dated a guy in the early 70’s from Philly whose father worked for Schmidt’s. He & his brother worked there on school breaks, as well. Employees were allowed to take home “shorts” (not completely filled cans) for free. They always had a refrigerator full of beer!

3 Likes

My senior year of high school you could buy a case of Schmidts for like $6.00, so even if nobody had any money you could scrape together enough for a case. I haven’t had a Schmidts since I was 18 - but I can still remember the watery taste, not a good memory.

1 Like

Funny memories of the taste and feeling of that cheap beer are such treasures for me. Still I’m not buying knickerbocker, Utica club, old Milwaukee, milwaukees best, genesee etx anymore.

1 Like

What about Schlitz? :slight_smile:

(which, iirc, was technically a ‘malt liquor’)

Too expensive !

2 Likes

Schlitz was the Beer that made Milwaukee famous. Since then, the company has had a few different ownerships.

Schmidt’s and Rolling Rock ponies–the party fuel of NE Philly (many decades ago :wink:

4 Likes