Potato chip flavors all over the world

Well its not April 1…

I got a pack of Lay’s India’s Magic Masala at a local Indian grocery. They were like Ruffles with an interesting spice flavor - there is turmeric, cumin, cardamom, mango powder, and other spices in there. I like it.

6 Likes

This flavour is currently available at most grocery stores in Canada.

2 Likes

Someone on this site who shall remain unnamed indirectly got me started on a Japanese Egg Salad Sandwich hunt early this year in Tokyo and Kyoto. I hit so many WH Smith type stores it was ridiculous.
And the results seemed to be almost entirely random. Some really good and most rather mundane.
Not sure what i was doing wrong but the good ones made it worth it.
Egg sandwich chips might be a bridge too far for me, tho.

3 Likes

Chips in the egg salad sandwich, maybe!

Or fries. Egg Salad Butty!

1 Like

Not all over the world, but right here in the good ole US of A… at your local ALDI at that (since that thread has been damn near comatose lately :roll_eyes:)!

I did not buy and try, but woulda if we had a poker game coming up any time soon.

6 Likes

I enjoyed a taste of Italy (via Thailand) today in the form of Lay’s garlic bread flavor chips. They were pretty good, tasted like Ruffles flavored with butter and garlic, which indeed evoked garlic bread.

7 Likes

These gochujang-flavored chips were tasty to nibble on with wine while I prepared our dinner of glazed salmon and broccoli.

They reminded me of barbecue potato chips except spicier. The flavoring is rather strong, so to my palate they’d be best enjoyed on their own rather than having the taste compete with a sandwich or a meal.

5 Likes

Surf n’ Turf. Steak and Lobster. :lobster:

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

There is now, God help us, a Lay’s in IHOP’'s Rooty Tooty Fresh 'n Fruity flavor, apparently mostly strawberry with bacon. It was sampled in a FB video from Kristen Hampton’s channel there.

1 Like

The hunt continues.

The classic Japanese basic Tomago Sando is simply better.

This Taiwanese Egg Salad, Cheese with Mustard a worthy variant.

2 Likes

Interesting. I tried several egg salad sandwiches in Tokyo but I do not remember the one from Family Mart. I visited the Family Mart in Yaechika Shopping Mall (B1 level) near the Tokyo Japan Rail station several times but did not buy the sandwich there. Is it just 59¥? Stupid cheap if it is! Looks like a nice light meal.
I have not tried the Taiwan Beer either.
Next trip!

That’s $59NT, new Taiwan dollar ~ usd$1.81 today. Taiwan Beer is $1.05. As in most of Asia, open Carry containers is no problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A bit late to the party. In Madrid(2022, my hotel room terrace), chips were ok but the cava and the view were excellent! :smiley:

5 Likes

From St Matin, the French side. The price is in Euros which comes out to about $2.30 USD

5 Likes

Queens nyc:

ETA: a lady saw me taking pics and thought I was having trouble choosing, so she tapped me to tell me which ones she liked and which ones to skip :joy:

4 Likes

Those I’d try. Most of the ‘novelty’ flavors posted here (those below are from our Asian grocer) sound pretty terrible to me.

Even given my love of hot pot, cumin lamb, etc. Some things are meant to be eaten as real food, not some lame appropriation of it.

4 Likes

“Italian red meat flavor” What the fudge is that even??? :smiley:

Lots n lots of MSG-a :wink:

1 Like