Pork roll, egg, and cheese in Monmouth County (or elsewhere on the shore)?

I thought it was Costco?

I used to prefer master for prec and oven for actual bagels but last few times have left me leaning back to masters. Hot bagels is pretty good too if you ask for one not so well done; seems to be common here in that most places overcook the bagels.
The place across from aldi in wlb on 36 is was actually quite good one time I was there about a year ago or so.

2 Likes

Thanks Bob, the sling is now off. It still hurts but it is a hell of a lot better. I have a single pain pill left and then I’m onto advil tomorrow.

I was actually at Costco. I may have just arrived at Fernandes. :sunglasses:

Metsfan, good stuff man. I asked myself today how other states don’t "adopt " porkroll.

3 Likes

I stand corrected! Costco it is!! I went to Hot Bagels once, it was good but it’s not BM to me. Funny the Tinton Falls Deli used to have the best bagels. They brought them in from somewhere but they were huge, crunchy with a soft delicious middle. I’m talking 20 years ago, they didn’t make them they served them in individual sandwich bags. They switched suppliers and I’ve never been back there since. (I hated going there in the morning because when you leave you have “deli smell” on you for the rest of the day)

@corvette_johnny Nice!!! I was there last night!! Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Nice man. Kill it there. Was just rereading that whole thread and drooling. Was trying to convince wife that we need to go there asap.
Rodizio, tile, rib eye? What’s on tap?

2 Likes

Happy to see you out/about and to hear you’re on the mend, @corvette_johnny !

3 Likes

Thanks Evie. I’m back on the prowl now!

Metsfan, see Fernandes thread

3 Likes

The daughter wanted Bagel Masters who was I to say no??

5 Likes

The quintessential NJ breakfast in my eyes. That is exactly how I get mine…everything bagel.

3 Likes

Nice. Did you the new vip card? Think you spend 100 and get 5 bucks off?
Looks like sausage there? Never had it there. I assumed it’s good?
Sandwiches there are good too btw

3 Likes

My daughter actually brought it home, I don’t have a VIP card I have to ask if she has. Yes sausage and yes their sandwiches are very good.

VIP card is brand new. Just got mine this week.

2 Likes

Lol well she does have one!!

2 Likes

Best way to put out the fire down below. Slater’s Sunday morning hangover buster. (Couldn’t finish it)

11 Likes

That’s looks amazing !

1 Like

Johnny’s is my go-to but Slaters makes a quality sandwich

1 Like

I like the cut of that jibwich. Certainly not the standard PREC order?

1 Like

Thought it was standard at Slater’s, but now that I look at it his is a little different.

5 Likes

Brimming with thick cut Pork Roll.
Meant that you did not order extra PR?

Correct. That is how it comes regularly at Slaters. If you want a normal sized one you have to ask for a small.

2 Likes

Reposado on the rocks last night + being in AH 5 mornings per week =

Heavy, ridiculous and tasty.

6 Likes