Pork roll, egg, and cheese in Monmouth County (or elsewhere on the shore)?

I’m betting Bay Avenue Bakery would make a good one…

1 Like

They do but not as well as Gem’s Rocket.

Barons.

3 Likes

Thats one trippy photo. :grin:

2 Likes

That is SO wrong.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m sorry perhaps I ate too much play doh as a kid but that just does NOT look appetizing.
(Don’t judge me!!! Tell me none of you had the play doh burger maker and it looked so good you couldn’t help but take a bite!!!)

3 Likes

Curlz, I think we might share a brain. My immediate thought was that is so wrong. Then I scroll down to see you beat me to it!

2 Likes

Great minds!!

No thread on this place, so this seems like the best spot to post it:

This sounds DELISH. And fwiw, I never knew it was Polish, but when I was a kid and there was a (log of) Hebrew Natl salami in the house, it always got sliced, chopped up, charred, and added to eggs!

5 Likes

We must have been raised in the same house. We often had HB Salami and eggs, usually for dinner. For us, the salami was thinly sliced to better resemble the crunch of bacon.

Now that I think of it, the salami was very pork roll-like. But that was in the day before I new what pork roll (or Taylor Ham) was.

2 Likes

My sistah from another mother!!

2 Likes

Great post!

If I were relocating to NJ, I’d want to find a place within walking of Big Mike’s. That “Poppa”…

1 Like

One of the best sandwiches I have ever had in my life was at the WWII museum in New Orleans. John Besh once ran it and they had a fried bologna sandwich which was so damn good.
Turkey and the Wolf in New Orleans currently has a fries bologna sandwich as well.

I may have to drive to this place soon

2 Likes

think CJ went a cpl times. If I remember correctly it was pretty good but bit high priced maybe?

I have been quite a few times and everything is good to great. I’m not a bologna fan but I would like to try this with porkroll instead. I like porkroll, egg, cheese and a hashbrown so this would be similar.

I got a few subs for my family to just try out some different things and they raved about them too.

2 Likes

Isn’t Hebrew National all Kosher? I guess not but I thought it was.

Yes—but their products are excellent— even if you don’t keep Kosher! (We answer to a higher authority…)

Look at this meat! The porkroll isn’t too bad either :wink:

Any good sandwiches or porkroll delicacies lately?

7 Likes

Just had one with egg and cheese from bagel masters, as good as ever.

2 Likes

Looks like someone is in restaurant depot!! Very nice…did you buy it? (FYI you are looking great, congrat’s on the weight loss. Also I guess the shoulder is healing? No sling etc?)

I actually got a PRE&C from the Colts Neck General Store a couple weeks ago and it was good. They also have some pretty decent diner style hash browns I enjoyed.

@Metsfan86 I had a sausage, egg and cheese on an everything bagel at Bagel Masters on Saturday last week. Was explaining to my daughter the friendly rivalry we have on the boards between Bagel Masters and Bagel Oven in Red Bank. (she went to both St. James and RBC so she is familiar with Bagel Oven but she’s a Bagel Masters girl. My son is a Masters guy too, the only thing besides my cooking he requests when he comes home from school for a visit)

3 Likes