Pork roll, egg, and cheese in Monmouth County (or elsewhere on the shore)?

attaboy!

2 Likes

Sissy’s in the harbor does a nice version as well. If your cholesterol count can handle it :slight_smile:
off topic: the newly opened diner (Towne or Old Towne) has some Mexican items on the menu. Huevos rancheros were nice the only time I visited a week or so ago.

4 Likes

I just said “please give me what you gave Pete Genovese and throw an egg on there”. It must have weighed 2 pounds.

2 Likes

No way could I finish that thing. Half, then went back to bed for 2 hours.
Noticed they used Trenton Pork Roll. This seems to be the brand of many a restaurateur.

4 Likes

Since this thread has been receiving some renewed interest, I thought this article would be a quick enjoyable read on this topic.

https://www.insidernj.com/senator-john-taylors-birthday-gift-new-jersey/

3 Likes

That was delightful! I’m a Taylor Pork Roll fan! All others are imposters!!!

1 Like

Barons Bagel, Point Pleasant. If you want a little extra meat.

6 Likes

Holy belly bomb…not sure I can identify all those components.

Bacon, pork roll, sausage, chorizo, egg and cheese.

3 Likes

hash browns on the sandwich not an option? Nothing like a fried potato to help with the morning afters

5 Likes

You had me at chorizo.

Portuguese chorizo?

That honestly reminds me of the time my son (then probably 18) tried to order a Mc’ Gangbang from the “secret” menu at Mc’Donalds. Apparently it was such a secret menu the girl at the drive thru had no idea what he was talking about.

2 Likes

oh man, do I see that going south quickly in the wrong situation…for either the orderer or the employee…

speaking of this, am I only person who doesn’t like the huge sandwich? Like I get the appeal to some extend, but I’d rather just have a human sized order and it just be really good quality.

I’ll never forget when I first moved here I went to a spot I saw good reviews of online (prior to my finding these boards).; place claimed online they made all salads in-house (potatoes, Mac, tuna.chicken, etc). I show up and its just one employee and none of the aforementioned salads to order. I should have known I was in trouble. So I order a turkey sub. I proceed to get 1.5 lbs of low quality turkey on a hero, made without gloves, on a hero roll for 10 bucks. Literally nothing else and tasted about as good as you would expect.
place is closed now too. What this has to do with PREC I have no clue, but im sleep deprived and ranting now, so please let me keep going. I’ll stop now

2 Likes

That’s why I supplied the link to the article, just to show it’s a “thing” and not him just making something up.

1 Like

def checking out the other options listed as well…

1 Like

Gem’s Port Monmouth PREC. Nice proportion, soft roll, full belly. I like their Jalapeno Cheddar bagel too.

9 Likes

I guess I’ll just leave this here, kudos to them!!

1 Like

@NotJrvedivici So, do you agree? I’ve honestly never had a pork roll sandwich from Bagel Masters.

Interesting question and perhaps the wrong thread for this article but their pork roll egg and cheese is very good. The best? Well that’s another discussion. Curiously I find it difficult to classify any Bagel Shop a “restaurant”, but that’s an argument to be had with the editor. It’s definitely my favorite bagel shop by far, and there is a lot of competition in the area.

2 Likes