Pork roll, egg, and cheese in Monmouth County (or elsewhere on the shore)?

Well it was sliced pretty badly but I detect an indentation in the middle.

Thinking about it, it would probably be difficult to come up with something less kosher than pork roll, egg and cheese on a bagel…

1 Like

lol … egg bagels generally suck because the texture suffers
but this one is a better looking … it’s also from NY

1 Like

I know a guy that owns a bagel store and he said they are simply regular bagels with food coloring. Maybe he was pulling my chain…For what it’s worth.

1 Like

Pulling your chain
Am I the only one having issues today with the site
just doesn’t want to load!

I haven’t had a problem today…was viewing it on my phone during the day and now I’m on my laptop…

1 Like

TY … must be me
odd, other sites are loading fine

Last couple of days and it’s the whole internet.

I suspect someone out there is turning the NSA bag of dirty tricks loose.

They never tell you when it’s happening, usually it’s like a week after.

2 Likes

Well call me bias - you should have come to the truck… We would have shown you the best path to PorkRoll Bliss’ness in Asbury Park… Oink Oink Bro #PorkRollTruck

2 Likes

I’m in the mood for porkroll and might hit up the little red store tomorrow to try their sandwich.

Has anyone had any good porkroll lately?

Bringing this thread back from the dead!

2 Likes

Tomorrow happens to be National Pork Roll Day :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve eaten one pork roll sandwich in my life (with friends at 4 AM after quite a few beverages). I know, horrible New Jerseyan. Nothing against them, but if I’m gonna ingest that much fat and sodium, I’d rather do it with bacon.

4 Likes

Wow, how is my timing Eli? I might have to play the lottery tonight!

Greg, I’m officially revoking your nj drivers license. Go directly to jail; do not pass go, do not collect $200. :smile: (any monopoly fans in the building lol)

4 Likes

Go big or go home, so Slaters is generally my vote in the area.

I still haven’t been to the new red store

1 Like

At 6 bucks I’m not sure. I might try one tomorrow but things definitely aren’t cheap nowadays.

Edit…I’m referring to the red store on the price.

As someone far from a pork roll connoisseur, I have heard Slater’s does the best (and biggest) in the bayshore area. I also have a good friend who swears by Holmdel Bagels by Rook.

1 Like

The slaters version is a monster. It is indeed a local legend.

It is just too much meat in my eyes. (Yes you heard this from the carnivorous CJ!) My flame suit is on

3 Likes

They make a smaller one for people with your delicate constitution. :grinning:

1 Like

Gem’s in Hazlet makes The Rocket which is a large souped up pork roll sandwich. Last time it ran about $7.

Only one place to go Johnny’s Pork Roll in Red Bank.

1 Like

Barons Bagel Point Boro.