Pork ribs; Serious Eats Chinese spareribs char siu recipe

Perfect advice! I’ve recently discovered that country style ribs are just right when I need some fatty meat.

That’s exactly the cut of meat I just used to make some quick and dirty char siu (with Lee Kum Kee char siu sauce … no corner was left uncut in this endeavor) in my air fryer to use in fried rice. There may not be any left to use if I don’t stop nibbling on it. And I’m cheating on the fried rice, too, thanks to Birds Eye steamer rice with vegetables (cooked yesterday, put in the fridge). I’ll do the egg myself :joy: and the onions. I’m a gleeful kitchen cheater this morning.

5 Likes

I feel so guilty. - so much so that I ate the whole thing for breakfast. With a Dr. Pepper!

6 Likes

Seriously late to this party, but these are my favorite indoor baby backs…

Seems simple (except for the overnight marinade), but oh boy they come out great.

5 Likes

I guess heading up to this past weekend’s expected cookouts, pork ribs have been on sale several times the last month. And not just a few bucks shaved, but a really good deal, especially with today’s food information climate.

I almost never buy full racks of ribs, especially with no grill, but these were too good a bargain to pass up. I tried sous vide ribs, using a random dry rub recipe online. After a 12hr water bath, they went into an oven for 30 minutes with a semi-homemade sauce made of ketchup, rice vinegar, and Bacchan sauce. Came out really well!

4 Likes