POLL: Anchovy Pizza - Yea or Nay?

Yes.

My favorite local place has anchovy pizzas with and without cheese, both are good. And iirc it’s fresh mozzarella, so not exactly a strong cheese.

1 Like

No, not on pizza, too fishy when hot and whole. Funny though, I love to eat them right out of the can and cook with them and with anchovy paste. I have a friend who is so turned off by them that he swears he can taste them on from another pizza in a takeout order, right through the box!

Not a total anchovie fan but they do add a umami punch so it’s all good

1 Like

That’s so funny. I have the same friend, but the other night, after I was already asleep, he ate some leftover (homemade) pizza in the fridge. The next morning he said, “What did you put on that pizza? It was really salty.” :smirk:

Plus 1 on these anchovy uses, but not a big fan on pizza. I’m a sausage and onion guy for pizza, unless there’s a good clam pie on offer, then I’m all in for that.

I’ve been persuaded for years that most anchovy-haters had their first encounter with them on pizza. Most, if not all, pizzerias use giant cans; exposure to O2 makes anchovies fishy-tasting and -smelling.

1 Like

Yes, with or without pineapple.