Pizza-Pizza-Pizza!!! Monmouth County NJ

Yeah he gave Medusa a 6.7

1 Like

Referring to my pizza above with onions from Attilio’s. Got one last night and it seems as if they are putting cooked onions on their pies. Expected raw onions so will have to specify if you are an raw onion person like me.

1 Like

yeah how they do that? $100 orders, “15 minutes”. And I race there and it’s already waiting.

No idea, but I can get a sense their clock seems to be broken. Ordered delivery they said we are backed up won’t be there for an hour and 15. Perfect! They arrived 40 minutes later!!!

Tonight was a pizza night at Brothers in Red Bank. Maybe it was because I haven’t had pizza in a while, but it was particularly delicious. We all had bar pies: mine was a white pie with onion, garlic, and half hot peppers, mom had a clam pie, and Justin got pepperoni with black olives. No one finished. We shared garlic bread with cheese.

9 Likes

The old Romeo’s Pizza location in the same plaza as Sichuan Cottage now houses a new pizza joint called Big Boy’s Pizza https://bigboyspizzanj.com/

So I had business nearby, ok I had to pick up my cleaning, but I’m retired, leave me alone. Anyway I wanted a lunch special but forgot Sichuan Cottage is closed on Tuesdays. So I gave the new place a try. I got two slices from a selection of about ten pies out in front.

The bottom slice is from a square grandma pie and I have no idea why they cut it that way. The other is a chicken parm slice with a thicker crust. Was $8.50 for the two. Unfortunately, it wasn’t worth it. The better slice was the grandma, but I didn’t love their sauce and that ruined it for me. The parm slice was just too well done, but I suspect it still wouldn’t have been that good even if it was less cooked.

Didn’t deserve their own thread.

5 Likes

Good to know I use that dry cleaner & was thinking about a slice from them . The pizza place not the dry cleaners.

2 Likes

Not to mention JMac’s pizza is one of the most exclusive, hardest pizzas to get in the country. Have you seen that pizza line at night?? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I had to look back to see what you were referring to… That’s what happens when you chime in FOUR MONTHS LATER, @joonjoon! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Moving on to the next place.

Has anyone been to Bacos in the plaza near the Freehold mall with Livotti’s and Quest Diagnostics?

I haven’t but somebody suggested it for the Upside Down Square.

Also, I sincerely hope they pronounce it Bock O’s :rofl:

2 Likes

I had a couple of slices before the pandemic, nothing special, lots of choices but nothing extraordinary.

2 Likes

In my never ending quest to find a local version of a childhood favorite …

Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn has been making their famous upside down square pizza for so long that this old guy remembers it fondly from more than 50 years ago. From Brooklyn Square in Jackson to some corner joint I can’t remember in Hoboken, I’ve tried them all here in NJ.

Finally I may have found a good one. If there’s anybody on this board who’s been to Spumoni Gardens and knows what I am talking about, help me out. Go to Cucina Alessi in Wegman’s Plaza in Manalapan and confirm that they are as close as we can get locally.

2 Likes

I’ll check it out. I’m a big L&B fan. My sister lives in Jackson keeps telling me Brooklyn Square is just as good but Im not a believer.

2 Likes

I have been there it ok, understand I’m at L&B at least once a month.
Their regular slice is excellent too but my new favorite local slice joint is Village Maria on 79 Marlboro in the Asian Market strip. The food is good too.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve added their L & B Pan Pie to my must eat list. Tyvm @Ragtopssk

2 Likes

The Spumoni is a must have as well.
The restaurant has decent food but the square pie is the star.

2 Likes

Don’t judge me. It’s my 60th birthday next week and where some would have cake, I prefer pie - pizza pie. So I found myself in the midst of the mini snowstorm presaging the upcoming forecast big one in the Asian Market plaza on rt 79 this morning. I drove slowly on the way home so as not to disturb my precious cargo, one pan pizza L & B style.

I opened the box and was shocked.

Their take on the famous Brooklyn square pie was round!

But, I don’t care if it’s shaped like an octagon, or Mickey Mouse ( seriously saw that once ) as long as it tastes good. This is a really good pie, put together well, despite the roundness, and all the elements were good and correct. Maybe a bit more garlic than my memory of the original, but very good.

Was it better than the one I just had from Cucina Alessi? ( Don’t judge me ) Let’s just say the two pies are equally good tasting. Style points to Alessi for a layer of burnt cheese around the edge of the crust. I am a happy camper.

8 Likes

Sorry I didn’t mention it was round.
I did mention is was good though.
Glad you enjoyed it & Happy Birthday

3 Likes

Happy Birthday.

I was at the Asian Market this morning too!!! I never saw such a long line for prepared foods. I just grabbed a few things for tuesday. They did have the original Kewpie Mayo with MSG so bought 2 as they can be hard to find. Next time I’m in that plaza I’ll be sure to pick up a pie based on your recommendation.

4 Likes

Happy birthday!

1 Like