Old Glory (Keyport NJ)

Went back last night, place was packed had to wait 30mins for a table. Once again had an excellent meal, really appreciate the quality of the food they put out at very reasonable prices. Apps, Parmesan wings and a pizza, short ribs and a couple cocktails for $35.pp. Service was a little slow but as I said they were packed.

1 Like

forgot ot post- went here a cpl weeks ago- VERY impressed. Good prices as well. Place is really amazing in side. Looks like a great place to hang out. We just got take out after day out and ate it by the gazebo in Keyport. Was hard not hitting KF but this place is fantastic.
Split a Caesar salad, chicken Milanese, and French dip. French dip was ok- just don’t think it translates to take out very well. Salad was huge portion and was great. Star was chicken Milanese with a really great balsamic dressing. Wonderfully cooked portion, not dry with nice side salad. Would 100% order again.
Big winner of the night were the fries. Honestly, fries were amazing- great sea salt flavor but not too much, perfectly fried- we got an additional side order along with what came with French dip… And keep in mind this was takeout and they still came out excellent. Service on the takeout order was efficient and friendly. Really great meal- can’t wait to try again and eventually hit it up for a night out one of these nights.
really happy this place was brought up here.

4 Likes

It might not be too late in the season but they have out door entertainment at the bar. Generally it’s one guy singing etc. but it makes for a nice pit stop before or after dinner. Generally on the weekends Mc Donough’s has a band playing too so you can just walk across the parking lot for some more entertainment. I really wish it was closer to home because I’m a big fan of the spot.

2 Likes

I wish they were closer to home too. Even out of Uber reach financially, IMO.

1 Like

Had dinner for 14 people at Old Glory last night. Let me start by addressing service issues. They had a lot of people working last night. Between the big bar crowd watching the end of the Jets game, a booming take-out biz, and a full dining room they needed the help. I watched all night as servers continued to run through the place. Everybody was moving with purpose and quickly and efficiently. I was ready to post on here about how smoothly everything went until I saw that they previously had service issues - not last night!

The food was solid. We started with a couple of pizzas and two orders of the afforementioned parmesian wings that we all enjoyed. I usually shy away from this flavor and lemon pepper as both are usually shaken on as an afterthought, but these are different. Oooey gooey melted parmesian goodness was drizzled with a good balsalmic ( or a reduction ) giving the wings great flavor. The margherita pie was good but the buffalo chicken pie was too spicy for some. I liked it. For mains we shared a caeser salad and short rib mac n cheese. The salad was fine, if a bit ordinary, but the mac was excellent and so big a portion that we have dinner for tonight too.

5 Likes

So I finally checked this off my list. This is definitely a cool spot. I went in thinking about mediocre bar food but I have to admit the food is not bad.

They have new roasted wings similar to Tommy’s. They are served with caramelized onions and cherry pepper slices which I liked. They are definitely large and tasty. I am not sure how new the my are but the menu said “new.” They don’t serve any bread with the wings like Tommy’s does. You get a lemon wedge. Overall two thumbs up.

Now for dinner I had…actually take a seat for this one. I got a salad. I’m going to let that sink in for a moment :joy:

It was a buffalo shrimp salad with romaine. So you got 8 fried shrimp that were battered and tossed in a Frank’s style hot sauce and butter combo. My hat is off to the person who made this salad. First off, they get the dressing right. Instead of pouring a little on the top and leaving 80% of the salad dry, this was premixed and everything, except the shrimp on top, was lathered in blue cheese dressing. The shrimp were tossed on top of the salad but here is the kicker. They dumped the pan over top of the salad so you get that hot sauce mixing with the bluecheese and dripping down toward the bottom…brilliant.

Last but not least, they hit this salad with blue cheese crumbles and bacon, ample amounts of both to set this salad off. Overall, this high calorie salad got high marks from me.

My friends chicken milanesa looked like a nice dish too. Pics are not great but…

10 Likes

I’m glad you liked it, if it were closer to me I would eat there more often. Those wings are fairly new but the Parmesan wings are to die for!!!

1 Like

Nice! I was thinking about them but wanted to compare these to Tommy’s (and now the one in RB is Urban Coal house.) Also, I can’t forget and zoni’s. Next time I will definitely try them.

2 Likes

They really do a nice job with the entree salads there- unlike a lot of places they really make an effort rather than just standard lettuce with protein added to justify charing 19 bucks. To me at least the dressing taste house made as well (at least the ones I’ve had). Really like this place, I need to make another trip there soon. Service is also really good there in my experience as well.
I need to try those wings-wasn’t aware of those until recently

2 Likes

Surprised to find the NY Strip steak is excellent here. My dinner companions enjoyed the crab cakes, gigantic hot pretzel with dip, fish and chips. The fries and red mashed potatoes all excellent. $100. with tip. for 3. Loud dining room that day but the weather was perfect for opening the garage doors which helped.

2 Likes

This would get my vote for best bar / comfort food in the area. Top notch.

agree really like this spot. Cool interior; great food. Have to try crab cakes next time. Love a good one.

I went Saturday night, while the restaurant was maybe half full so they were at least doing “some” business. Everything was great, started with the parmesean wings & calamari & (special pie of the day was a salad pie with fresh mozzarella and balsamic) - I had the chicken milanese which was great!

1 Like

chicken milanese is a great dish there…totally agree…top notch- salad that comes along with it is excellent too.
once this era of our lives is over I need to try the wings there…

1 Like

After my stripping gig cancelled on me at the last minute - I found myself in the greater Keyport area with nothing to do, so I decided to get to-go from Old Glory. As many of you might know I’m a big fan of their “comfort / pub” food and have enjoyed most of my meals here. Thankfully everything translated well “to-go” including their parmesan wings which I am a bit addicted to. I would commend them on their outside seating looked very well spaced and there were NOT people on top of each other. Their “drinks-to-go” is a bit of an interesting experience, you walk up to the bar and order your drink as you normally would, but once served you are requested to leave the property…yes they force you to leave with your alcohol. lol You have to go “off property” to drink your drink, which made the parking lot a bit of a social gathering spot, but with plenty of room so nobody was on top of each other. They have a separate to-go pick up window in the back of the building as well so everything does flow rather well. Kudos to them for seeming to make the best of a bad situation.

8 Likes

We enjoyed their 3 gourmet pizza, pick your own 6 pack recently. My whole family enjoys their food/outdoor vibe at this point. Agree the wings are outstanding.

3 Likes

they got in some trouble recently with liquor board for making sangria in house and selling at the onset of the shutdown, seems it was a misunderstanding of interpretation of the law- nothing devious. But even still they are prob trying to go above and beyond following the letter of the law these days.
Glad to hear the food was good- I’ve been wanting to go there (esp if the fishery is just too mobbed) but was worried how food was keep. sounds like they’re on top of it.

2 Likes

Fishery is easier TUES-THURS. The call ahead, pay cash at window and sit in parking lot is horrible during busy points.

3 Likes

The wings were my biggest concern, because the crispy bit’s and pieces are the best. While obviously you aren’t scrapping them off the tray, all the cripsy bits and ends handled the to-go container and trip rather well.

They got in trouble for serving their “to-go” drinks without a sealed container. I saw them serving several of them “to-go” with a sort of shrink wrapped seal around them. I guess since they are now open for outside dining you can get a drink in an unsealed container as I did, I just couldn’t stay at the bar to drink it.

2 Likes

Bumping this one up. Was thinking of going here again for some take out. Anyone been lately, good or bad?