November 2022 Cookbook of the Month - Voting

Welcome to the November COTM voting thread.

Twenty-two books were nominated, but only two gathered more than three nominations:

I DREAM OF DINNER (SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO) by Ali Slagle

Extension of the current COTM: THALI by Maunika Gowardhan + the author’s website

To vote, click on the knife-and-fork icon at the lower right of the comment below corresponding to the book you wish to select. You may vote only once. To change your vote, click the icon again to unlike the comment and then choose your new selection. If you cannot do this, then add a comment noting your change. Please do not reply to the ballot comments. To discuss the books, please reply to the original post.

To vote for I DREAM OF DINNER (SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO), click on the knife and fork to “like” this reply.

6 Likes

To vote to continue with THALI and the author’s website, click the knife and fork to “like” this reply.

4 Likes

When does voting close?

I just came online to address that. Maybe tomorrow night? The night of the 26th? That leaves 5-6 days for anyone to acquire the winning book? Sorry I forgot to include that in the original post.

I was having a hard time deciding between these books. One one hand, I want to extend Thali because October was so crazy and I’ve hardly had a chance to cook from it. On the other hand, I can always continue to cook from Thali and post on it, while also moving on to I Dream of Dinner. I made a dish from IDD last night, and it was dead easy and surprisingly good. I should have cooked more from it in October when I was so insanely busy. Anyway, I’ve gone with IDD in the voting, but I do intend to cook from Thali as well.

2 Likes

Voting is now closed.
We have a winner, and it is I Dream of Dinner (So You Don’t Have To).
If I had had to break the tie, I would have voted for IDD as well for the same reasons as MelMM and also as a nod to Onions who are not participating with Thali but voted for IDD.

4 Likes