Non-Italian pizza

Some of the non-Italian pizza options in the Los Angeles area.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I call this pizza al pastor. Chorizo and pineapple.

9 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

He also eats it with a knife and fork. Which is pretty much a hanging offense in the five boroughs. He’s right about pineapple, though.

3 Likes

I’m not a particular fan of Mr. deBlasio (election tagline “At least I’m not Mr. Cuomo”). Even I have confidence that he is smart enough to know that picking pineapple, vegan cheese, or clams would mean losing his job.

I’m going to see if anyone posted the press conference on YouTube. I want to see Mr. deBlasio’s position on putting ketchup on hot dogs. How does he feel about condiments on lox and bagels? Pastrami or corned beef? Matzo brei?

Cynthia Nixon ran for governor in 2018. She made a grave error that may have cost her the election.

4 Likes

Apparently she still lives in Manhattan. How can that be? Why wasn’t she ridden out of town on a rail? Lox on a cinnamon-raisin bagel? Maybe upstate, but not in the City.

1 Like

I think she was let off with a warning, since it was her first offense. You cause enough trouble, though, and we’ll banish you all the way to Florida. Even if you’ve slapped your name on a bunch of buildings.

4 Likes

I think lox and capers on a cinnamon raisin bagel is illegal in all 50 states, or at least should be.
That makes me urp a little bit just thinking about it.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

I already knew what city it was by virtue of the fact you posted it @bbqboy!

2 Likes

That is inspired. Do you mind sharing what else is on there? Any sauce? What kind of cheese. I see onions and cilantro too.

The most memorable pizza was on Moorea (island near Tahiti). A local took us to a remote cove (not accessible by roads), we had to walk carefully thru shallow water for about 1/4 mile to reach the guy and his pizza oven.
It was all dif seafoods, delicious. I’ve looked at many seafood pizza recipes but none have seemed similar.

3 Likes

Very interesting because the most memorable (bad) pizza was on Tahiti (Papaete) that we grabbed to eat on a high speed ferry back to Moorea. Cardboard, ketchup, and swiss cheese was our impression.

That said, those islands were magical, and while we did not ever walk through water to get to a destination, we had plenty of long walks to food on quiet dark roads under swirling bats and a jillion bright stars.

Btw, when did you go? We went on our honeymoon and often wonder how different and touristy it has gotten in the meanwhile. We went many many moons ago, in the 1990s.

1 Like

Finally- somebody else that likes pineapple on pizza. Thank you.

1 Like

No, he’s not right about pineapple.

1 Like

Now you’re talking crazy.

For those not in NYC, DumBlasio was using the pizza example to explain ranked choice voting. As a prop, it was useful to go over how ranked choice voting would be done on the ballot. Another idea from the people who brought you toe shoes.

If by non-Italian pizza, we mean pizza that isn’t found in Italy, that would mean pretty much everything we eat in the US. I’ll tell a little story. There is a family we know. Our son went to school with theirs. One year they take a trip to Italy. The son was a fairly picky eater and one of the approved foods was pizza. Pepperoni pizza to be precise. So they are at a restaurant and the son insists on pepperoni pizza. The waiter is puzzled but takes the order. Out comes a pizza covered with little peppers. Peperoni. True story.

1 Like