NJ Food News

Interesting. I’m familiar with Wonder, as friends in NNJ have tried it. The company is based in Cranford, iirc, and I think they use recipes from ‘famous’ chefs and restaurants.

Did they like it? It’s a cool idea for sure, and I see Bobby Flay Steak listed…was very sad when they closed in AC, this could be the way to have it again!

I have only been to Brandos a couple of times for dinner in the past because friends wanted to go there. I felt it was over priced and this was pre Covid and I wasn’t wowed.
The happy hour hour was great on the other hand, but I have no idea if the happy hour still happens

2 Likes

I swear, sometimes I think we must be related!

Pretty sure that @joonjoon and @NotJrvedivici could do some damage here

Not sure I’m the man for that task, but that is my old stomping grounds, I grew up not very far from there.

1 Like

Can you even call that a pupusa any more??? But yes my body is ready

I knew I could count on you!

Unconfirmed by me, but someone on our local next door board posted that the red lobster on 35 in Oakhurst closed abruptly today.

1 Like

Confirmed. Saw on app. Was last one in Monmouth County.

While now a HO fav, it is interesting that it closed. At one point it was packed to gills nightly. Did enjoy the cheddar biscuits

Oakhurst green lobsters relieved.

Costco in Marlboro has congee with abalone, case of 6 servings for (IIRC) $12.99. My two complaints are that it is difficult to pry the lid off after microwaving (too hot), and they are in plastic containers that are not recyclable in most places.

Any opinion on the food, or did you skip directly to the complaints?

2 Likes

A case of Costco congee causes C. Leelper to complain about containers. Cool!

1 Like

It was okay. You could actually see pieces of abalone, but it wasn’t exactly chock-a-block with it. Just as with things like instant ramen and pho, it’s no substitute for the real thing, but as a quick meal or snack, it’s fine.

3 Likes

I had heard rumors about Langosta closing, now they have been confirmed

I was basically going to put up the IDENTICAL post! Nothing’s a big secret in AP.

I know MS has fans, but it’s time for this place/space to be done right; I applaud her for all that she did to bring AP back, but I’m ready for the new stuff!

3 Likes

It was always about the fun I had there it was never about the food.
Always a nice mix of food but never outstanding.
Always great for drinks & grazing

2 Likes

Totally agree. Her food has been the same since the first time I went one her places more than 35 years ago - I was just a baby :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. But there was always great energy in the AP location. We were once there the night of the Zombie walk. What a show.

3 Likes

As with many places that have a good view, I don’t think they ever had to excel at anything other than “vibe.” That said, it’s been a great place to see live local bands (and not spend a dime most nights).

2 Likes