NJ Food News

Uggghhhh now it looks like I’m going to have to go to Windmill to get disappointed too!!!

3 Likes

Spent Thanksgiving in Belmar at our friends that have adopted my wife and I for holidays. Driving through Bradley Beach and noticed paper up on all the windows of Rare Steakhouse and verified that it has closed for good

1 Like

Mr. Beast Burger using Blend On Main’s kitchen

1 Like

New sign in a store front on Main Street Freehold 3-4 doors down from Ramen place announcing Poke , Ramen, Bubble Tea coming soon

1 Like

They feel at home here because it’s a natural migration from Staten Island to Monmouth County

3 Likes

I call it the new manifest destiny….Brooklyn to si to Monmouth county to FL.

But Bruno is solid. They did nice brunch if I remember. Enjoyed
Restaurant side more than bakery

Bakery was good just $$.

1 Like

Yeah, although it seems like for every one of those that move to NJ (or straight to Fla) from Brooklyn, 5 come to replace them here. Come back for a visit – some streets in Williamsburg are more crowded on a weekend than Rock Ctr with the lit tree. I wish some of these folks would “discover” some place else.

2 Likes

Yeah but no restaurant and now the migrants will be driving around Freehold more so than before.
FWIW 2 places I would NEVER migrate to Florida or Staten Island & I’m an old time Brooklyn guy.
With Livotti’s & this place in close proximity be very careful driving around here.

ATTN: @joonjoon (because I see AYCA and that’s who I immediately think of… )

From today’s APP:

KPot Korean BBQ & Hot Pot’s expansion at the Jersey Shore is about to get hotter.

The all-you-can-eat restaurant chain has signed a lease to open a location at Hazlet Town Center on Route 35, according to its website. It builds on its plans for restaurants in Toms River and Neptune. All three are listed as “Coming Soon.” (And fwiw, there’s been NO movement in the space in Neptune yet)

2 Likes

I would love to see more Korean that is not only AYCE. As it is, we get our Korean fix in Cherry Hill when we go to the Mount Laurel used book store. (Ono doesn’t have the jigaes I like.)

The one and only !

2 Likes

According to the APP, the partners who own Brando’s in AP have taken over Beach Tavern, Abbiocco, and the banquet space at Channel Club Marina in Monmouth Beach.

“We’re continuing the operation of Beach Tavern the way it is, but we’re completely revamping the menu,” said Botta, who is executive chef of all of his restaurants. “We’re going to make it more fish centric, (as) it’s on the water.”

They plan to expand the restaurant’s sushi bar, transform a party room off the bar into a lounge with a fireplace, and bring back dollar oysters and clams during happy hour, which will be offered daily.

Abbiocco will become an Italian steakhouse called Osteria Molo.

1 Like

Wonder what happened to “acclaimed chef Anthony Bucco.”

https://www.northjersey.com/story/entertainment/dining/2021/10/08/anthony-bucco-chef-felina-ridgewood-leaving/6038199001/

Sorry to report that friends went to BT for sushi on Monday night. Said it was terrible. Also, the place was very cold inside…so cold she couldn’t bring herself to use the ladies room.

1 Like

Driving by today, I see that Restaurant Diomede, Little Silver, is now Little Buca, an Italian restaurant. No website so no information. The images and videos on their Instagram page are making me drool. I’ve been craving the perfect hunk of lasagna.

1 Like

AP virgin here. Is brandos good? Bc beach tavern is a literal gold mine waiting to happen if somebody can turn that compound into a good spot

1 Like

Blonde shallot has been supporting their posts. Given how good I find blonde shallot I’m hopeful. Last high end Ls spot didn’t last, chef junior wasn’t able to make a go. Perhaps Italian is a safer bet?
Had anybody ever been to previous spot? Was it run by fish market people. I went to market once and was less than impressed. Never saw restaurant busy si never dared to venture there. Would love another spot close by

ZERO snark in this post.
I’ve been to Brando’s just a couple of times in all of the years I’ve lived here, but that’s truly because I never think to go for Italian food. When I have gone, it’s been for their (terrific) happy hours, which feature a lot of food for small amounts of $$, so I’m definitely not the right one to answer your question. That said, I know a lot of people who love it!

1 Like

Yes, but you are paying for it. It’s mostly an Italian restaurant however they have an extensive steak menu/specials as well. I’ve been more than a handful of times and it’s always been good, but at this price point it should be.

2 Likes

According to LinkedIn, he’s director of Wonder, some kind of mobile kitchen company serving home diners: “We partner with incredible restaurants across the country. From Phoenix to Atlanta, and D.C. to Los Angeles, we bring you a taste of what the nation has to offer, cooked on our mobile restaurant outside your door.”

1 Like