NJ Food News

NJ.com: Esther Choi’s Korean ramen and kimchi fries coming to Newark

NJ.com: New Seafood Restaurant in Elizabeth

(I did the reading so you don’t have to search for the location like I did. :roll_eyes:)

NJ.com article: Filipino Foodie Paradise

1 Like

Putting this on the News thread because it’s TODAY ONLY at Mutiny BBQ in AP…

One dollar wings. Order in increments of six. Ask about sauce options— we’re going to bring back some of your favorites today too. DINE-IN ONLY.

cc: @Roro1831

1 Like

Wowsa… Around the World in 23 NJ Bakeries from NJ.com

Now I’m hungry.

ETA that I’ve had some of the baked goods from Liv Bakery, and they were spectacular!

1 Like

From today’s APP.

Wild Fork Foods, a grocer headquartered in Doral, Florida, is opening a store at the new Circle Place shopping center on Route 35 at Wyckoff Road in Eatontown.

The grocer, which also has an e-commerce site, specializes in frozen meat, including beef, pork, lamb and chicken; seafood; as well as fruits and vegetables and prepared foods. It also has specialty meats, such as alligator, venison and elk.

Anyone familiar with them?

3 Likes

Ooooh, Mr. Kotter, pick me.

I am a Wild Fork member. They have a lot of decently priced frozen food including some nice surprises like brioche and desserts. Having a local store to deliver from is a good thing.

1 Like

A friend told us about them, they have a store down by him in Cherry Hill. He lives everything he gets from them.

Very excited about them opening up

1 Like

Im only familiar with alligators.

From today’s APP:

KPot, an all-you-can-eat restaurant chain, has leased space for a new location in the Neptune Plaza Shopping Center on Route 66 in Neptune. It also plans to open a restaurant at Crossroads Center at the intersection of Lakewood Road and Route 37 in Toms River.

The restaurant company describes itself as “a unique, hands-on, all-you-can-eat experience that merges traditional Asian hot pot with Korean BBQ flavors.”

ETA that this is the Neptune ShopRite shopping center. They’re taking over the former Marshalls/HomeGoods space, as the article says - they leased 10,000 sf!

Has anyone been to one of their other locations?

I’m not squealing. Yet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been to the KPot East Brunswick location once before. It was pretty decent. This was pre COVID of course and back when it first opened you have to wait more then an hour for table since they don’t take reservations (no sure if that’s still the case). The one time we went, we wait at least 45min IIRC.
You get a personal hot pot and you do Korean BBQ in the middle of the table. And you can certainly stuff youself :slight_smile:

Looks like they have become a pretty big chain. Wonder how much they charge per person these day.

1 Like

I realize I’m replying to a 3 year old comment, but Chef Toni is someone I’ve followed around the Shore area.

Many of my high school friends worked at Farmingdale House under Chef Toni, and after she left, she worked at La Perla in Brielle. I was a huge fan of La Perla, but she didn’t stay long. I think I Cavallini was after that, I live close by but never went - that was a mistake on my part.

Last I heard, she was doing certain nights at Brandl by invitation from Chris Brandl (I knew Chef Chris’ brother back in high school), that’s the Farmingdale House connection.

She was some chef, wished she had more staying power, the Shore needs more solid Italian food…

Guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one, no matter how great the chef is. After a terrific dinner at Greek Spot (the restaurant) last night, friends and I were discussing the lack of NON-Italian food down here. They used to live in Philly, I spent the majority of my life in NNJ. The fact that we have to search for good ethnic food down (and a variety of it) here is something I’ll never understand!

1 Like

I should clarify my statement - there are many that exist that aren’t very good. IMHO it’s become a lazy category, very few are truly great. We need more quality, not more quantity.

My experiences in Europe have only magnified that point.

2 Likes

I’m one of the posters in the 3 y/o discussion. As I recall Chef Toni also had a sit down restaurant in Long Branch and a take-out/catering venue in Little Silver. I don’t recall the order. The LB location was probably about 20 years ago as we went to a good friend’s wedding reception there though I am slightly guessing on the timeframe.

La Perla rings a bell though I never would have remembered it. Was that in the current River House location?

Lingerie? :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I actually came here to post this piece about AP restaurants and surcharges… I wasn’t familiar with the term they’re using, but I feel like it’s unusual if a place isn’t doing this these days.

One of my favorites!!!

1 Like

I noticed a lot more restaurants in NNJ are starting to charge up to 3.5% credit card fee. I haven’t seen any restaurant appreciation fees up North yet.

2 Likes

Yes - what is now the River House. I also remember her Little Silver take out venue, I don’t recall it lasted terribly long.

2 Likes