NJ Food News

Haven’t been there in a while, need to get back and have the vinegar chicken

2 Likes

Just watched a few videos on their IG page and Flavia was talking about how all she learned about cooking is from her grandfather and her uncle, who “were cooks.” The recipes are hers and theirs. Soft opening this week, official opening on 7/14. Homemade biscotti.

I’m officially intrigued.

1 Like

It takes a hell of a lot to make me pass Jimmy’s on Asbury Ave to get Italian. As the matter of fact I will bet you dinner that my car won’t pass Jimmys!! (Offer contingent on me driving at the time)

3 Likes

Just read a post that there’s a sign up at the Foodtown on Rt 35 in Ocean that it’s closing on 8/12. Pharmacy will remain there/open.

@joonjoon weren’t you a fan when you lived here? I’ve never been in that store!

We used to have a Foodtown near us in Manalapan. It was there for many years, but closed a long time ago. I enjoyed shopping there. A Stop & Shop took over that location. I went only occasionally. It didn’t last too long. Netcost currently occupies that space. I don’t shop there.

They’re going to keep the who!e space open just for the pharmacy?

Just saw in one of those clipper flyers, Balkan Market is opening on Route 9 N, just north of Ryan Road in Manalapan.

No idea, but the person who posted about the store closing said she asked at the pharmacy and that’s what she was told.

Wonder which supermarket chain will be going in. It’s a huge space. Hope it’s not that horrendous Whole Paycheck!!

Net Cost has great bread & Eastern Europe specialty items I’m there at least once a week highly recommend

1 Like

On my list to check out this week love that type of food

Via the Google, it’s located in the Galleria Shopping Center on 9 South. That’s between Taylor’s Mills Road and Tennent Road. Very close to us, so I will definitely check it out.

I shop at the Marlboro Whole Foods. The meat and fish departments are excellent with items often on sale. Extra discounts with Amazon Prime. Produce is top quality. (I usually buy regular rather than organic which is less expensive.) And I like a lot of the house brand groceries. All that said, it is not the only place I shop. My other regular go-to’s are ShoprRite, Wegmans, and Delicious Orchards.

4 Likes

That was my go to market for a while but that was before Wegmans came to town. Basically all of the Foodtowns and Stop and Shops in our area are in a death spiral. If you compare any of them to ShopRite or Wegmans they are ghost towns. I hope a worthy successor comes in to play.

3 Likes

What ever happened to the Italian market (Top Tomato’s/Livoti’s) that was supposed to be moving into the old A&P space by Wow in Tinton Falls? Seems like it was announced forever ago and nothing since? (Actual name escapes me)

When I last went to Stop and Shop years ago, hoping to spend $10 and get some free matzo, everything I priced (soda, hot chocolate, tuna, peanut butter, etc.) was 50% more than ShopRite, e.g., hot chocolate was $1.59 in ShopRite and $2.39 in Stop and Shop. That “free” matzo wouldn’t have been very free!

I somehow missed this. Last I knew it was on way to joe canals. Wondering how pastosa plays out vs this spot

3 Likes

Yeah yeah but will they have the elusive 32oz Manhattan Special :scream::wine_glass:

1 Like

Here we go again Alice!!!

@Metsfan86 thanks for confirming the story!

3 Likes

I heard they only carry 40’s.

1 Like