NJ Food News

No joke - you didn’t read the article, which mentions how the decor of the place is going to be full of blooming plants a la walking in to a fairy tale. #NOTAprilFools

Here’s one I agree with! From APP.com:

Eat This, Not That, a website featuring journalists and chefs, along with nutritionists, personal trainers and dietitians, scoured online reviews and publications to compile a nationwide list of restaurants to visit for the “best once in a lifetime meal in every state.”

In New Jersey, the honor went to Aarzu Modern Indian Bistro in Freehold Borough.

4 Likes

I’ll tell you what, thanks to @seal for bringing me there for the lamb chops. It has reintroduced me to Indian cuisine, which I’m truly enjoying. (knock on wood, not more stomach issues.)

3 Likes

Noticed that Charlie’s in Lincroft looks about ready to open.

1 Like

Not knocking them but why does every place seem to serve pizza now?

I’d give them a try. Like that they tried to make it look historic.

Profitability/Affordability… Pizza, pasta, much higher profit margins than steak, chicken or proteins. You can also offer “cheaper” menu pricing or options by offering these too. Especially in uncertain financial times, people want to see “affordable” options in their dining out experiences now more than ever.

8 Likes

According to the APP, Birria is coming to Monmouth Beach, courtesy of a couple that started out selling it (them?) at Smorgasburg. “They hope to open Memorial Day weekend in the Beach Road space previously occupied by Chinese restaurant King Star.” chofitaco.com

I guess I’m on the email list for Marilyn S… just received this:

*We share with you today that our time in Normandy Beach has come to a close. *

*The past 20 years would have been impossible without you, our beautiful customers, and our outstanding team. I wish to express our heartfelt gratitude for supporting our dream and contributing to its reality each and every summer. *

We built a life together in Normandy. We birthed our beautiful twins and began a journey with family and ohana. These momentous times in our life will always be cherished.

Today, we welcome the new owners of 3581 Route 35 North, Bill & Sophie of Blue Sushi, with much happiness.

The space will evolve in the loving hands of another husband and wife team passionate about providing a great culinary experience to their guests. We wish endless good fortune to Bill and Sophie and hope the space lets them flourish as it did for Scott and me.

1 Like

Pastosa’s is getting ready to open in Eatontown!

If you haven’t been yet, you’ve been warned: it’s GOOD. Sandwiches, prepared foods, fresh bread and pasta (used by many excellent restaurants in the tri-state area), You’ll spend more than you expect. :wink:

1 Like

Funny I stopped in 2 weeks ago, they looked open but we’re not. Looking forward to them.

1 Like

They make their own pastas. Fresh ravioli both square and round, shells, manicotti are a level or two above, will blow away livottis in that way. Looking fwd to sampling fresh mozzarella between two.
Stuff there is legit top notch. Very excited for this

2 Likes

While I won’t argue about Livottis mozzarella, it’s Aleo’s in Lincroft that has the best to me.

1 Like

There’s a Pastosa around the corner from is. All their stuff is excellent.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s relevant…Livoti’s sells Pastosa ravioli.

HA!! I believe that’s relevant.

1 Like

I’m also a fan of Pastosa with one exception - their bread. Not that it is bad but we usually order a semolina with sesame seeds and about half the time get a “white” bread. This could just be the store I usually go to (in Wall on Route 35) as I’ve never been to any of the other locations.

Good to know!!

1 Like

I go to one in Manalapan for a few decades usually a very knowledgeable person behind the counters.
Always get my bread right as I currently can’t eat white flour.
Not 100% sure but I think they get their breads from off premises bakeries.
Semolina is pretty good.

2 Likes

This happened today. (stay tuned)

7 Likes

Looks like you stocked up. Think you’ll like those fresh Ravi’s for sure.
The San Marzano tomatoes are awesome
Basil pesto agnolotti in the back there under the pastry? Thisr and the ravioletti are fantastic

Where we’re you getting bracciole previously? Aleos?

Did You happen to get any bread? I’m assuming they will be stocking from Brooklyn and Hoboken maybe?

1 Like