NJ Food News

I’m a little bit worried about that.

1 Like

Weird I have drunk at the Chubby Pickle many times but I can’t recall ever eating anything there. Kind of an odd choice. Haldi Chowk is good. I switch between there and Neelam but always take out

2 Likes

Speaking of Neelam, I picked up takeout from there last week and chatted with one of the owners. Been going there since I was a child and I’m a familiar face. I inquired about indoor dining, and she said as soon as they have the help will they open for that. Actually, I was offered a job on the spot! She said, “You know Indian food, you know our menu. If you or anyone you know wants to help us…”

While I declined because of how busy I am, I sit here a week later pondering. This has been an important restaurant to my family and I over the years for reasons I have discussed here previously. I feel like going back and saying “Hey, what about a Friday-Saturday dinner service? I’ll do it for you.” I jokingly mentioned it to my boss and she told me she’d work with me. I’ve done a lot of things along with being a history lecturer. Is Indian restaurant waiter in the cards?

7 Likes

As someone who has battled fruit flies I am having PTSD today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

SAME! What the heck!!!

I guess it’s HOs version of April fool’s

2 Likes

I thought I needed to disinfect my phone.

3 Likes

Shame they were supposed to open indoor some time ago it’s unreal how hard it is to get staff

1 Like

Do it!!! We ask all the time if they are reopening!

2 Likes

Would it help if we promised a HOdown if you’re working??

2 Likes

Has anyone tried Killer Pies? They got a negative review today on NJ.com

I saw that. I am not sure I’ve seen a negative review on there in decades.

But then again, I don’t read that paper much.

Check must not have cleared yet. Lol

In all seriousness I wonder if higher end ingredients don’t lend themselves to they typical MO of a slice joint? Aka sitting around on a tray for hours and the. Popped into hot oven for a cpl min? The Sysco stuff may work better for this?

3 Likes

Wow. I haven’t tried it yet, but walked in just to check the place out the other night after (early) drinks down the street at Laylow.
The pies I saw sitting in the case around 8 PM looked like they had been there for a while. Curious to know what it’s like if the place is packed and they are pumping out fresh ones. That said, they do have the right idea in terms of pricing in this area — there’s no place else where you can quickly grab something to eat for under $5.

The article is behind a paywall, but APP reports that Last Wave Brewing will take over the Dark City Brewery space in AP.

"Wild Air Beerworks is expected to open this summer at 1001 Main Street. Local craft beer fans will know the spot as the former home of Dark City Brewing Co., which closed its doors at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020.

…The new brewery is being launched by the owners of Last Wave Brewing Co. in Point Pleasant Beach…

…Wild Air Beerworks expects to be open in July or August. Beyond a house India Pale Ale and kettle sour, the brewery will focus on classic lager styles, wild ales and spontaneous beer, Jiorle said.

The brewery will be canning for on-site pickup and distribution from day one, and also plans on sending out draft beer for distribution and offering bottle releases."

Please explain to me what is “Wild Ale”& can someone define “spontaneous beer” .
I always thought that meant hitting a brewski at the spur of the moment.
I don’t speak millennial.

I’m more pondering “spontaneous beer” & trying to figure out how I can do that.

I know of a guy who had market cornered on spontaneous wine, he’s big around this time of year too. Usually does another spot around Dec as well. Keep waiting for him to come back around this way, but not yet.

3 Likes

Thanks but now I have a headache from reading this.
All these micro brews, craft beers, I got plenty to fill my beer card.
I f I come across spontaneously produced alcohol I will try it but not sure if I will pursue it.Got enough to fill my dance call card.
Sometimes ya gotta say thanks but I’m good.

1 Like