NJ Food News

Bell Works Fresh resumes March 2nd.
11am to 4pm

1 Like

Visited in Sun. Prob not best day to try them. Less I say the Better.

1 Like

The film, Severance (Appletv), filmed at BellLabs starts tomorrow.

1 Like

BYOB Sports bar. Could work I guess.

Went to hazlet lidi today around 2:30 and the store was extremely bare. An employee told me they haven’t had a truck in 2 days!!

1 Like

I just got this email from Burbelmeier’s.

Thank you for your support!

You made Burbelmaiers so successful we can’t keep up with our orders.

So - thanks? lol

We need a bigger place

and perhaps YOU have an idea to share.

For now - we are closing our small place in Ocean Grove at the end of February. We’re not going to sacrifice the quality of what we do to make more sales.

In light of the labor shortage, we need a commercial kitchen (2000sqft-ish) with room and infrastructure for bigger, better, more efficient equipment.

Here’s where you come in:

YOU know us better than anyone. We are open to partnerships – (maybe even a partner with a bar).

Write back with your ideas - links to places you like, people you know, we’re ready to talk.

INFO@BURBELMAIERS.COM

5 Likes

That’s a very bizarre email, in my opinion.
Anyone agree?

1 Like

I thought so too! Too much business, so close the doors when you don’t have another venue lined up? I think that they got behind during the pandemic, and just can’t catch up, unfortunately.

1 Like

I agree, loved their Scotch Egg too bad because they seem to be better Chefs than entrepreneurs.

Sad to learn that Medusa in AP is closing; Monday will be their last day. Trying to find out if their building was finally sold (I think the sign has been up for 3 years) or if they’re really going out of business altogether, which would be a shame, as even with a limited menu, they make GREAT food and pizza.

1 Like

Well that sucks! I love their stuff.

1 Like

APP has an article about finding international snacks in the area, so I figured I’d share the list here. I’ve been to the Asian market many times… how about you HOs?

Asian Food Markets, Marlboro 79 S. Main St.; 848-863-6138, asianfoodmarkets.com

Bruno’s Meat Market, Manahawkin 747 N. Main St.; 609-978-8884, brunosmeatmarket.com

Cameo Love Market, Asbury Park 1213 Main St.; 732-361-5462, cameolovemarket.com

German Butcher Shop, Forked River 109 Lacey Road; 609-693-7100, germanbutcher.com

La Pasadita Supermarket & Deli, Stafford 295 East Bay Ave.; 609-549-3696

Mi Tienda, Toms River 943 Route 166; 732-286-2233, mitiendafreshmarket.weebly.com

Bingo, Lakewood, mostly kosher foods, 1900 Shorrock St.; bingowholesale.us

Brazilian Market, Long Branch, 142 Brighton Ave.; 732-870-3303

Dariusz Polish Deli & Grocery, Toms River, 751 Route 37; 848-480-2803, dariuszpolishdeli.com

El Oaxaqueño Supermercado, Lakewood, Hispanic grocery, 118 Clifton Ave.; 732-905-9902, eloaxaquenomarket.com

Evergreen Kosher Market, Lakewood, 945 River Ave.; 732-370-4500, shopevergreenkosher.com

Fresh Food Mart, Middletown, Asian foods, 1281 Route 35; 732-671-8889

Kapamilya Philippine Grocery, Howell, 4228 Route 9; 732-363-5797

Little Divisoria, Toms River, mainly Filipino foods, but some Japanese as well, 1594 Lakewood Road; 732-914-8203, facebook.com/LittleDivisoriaKusina

4 Likes

Thanks for the info
Lots of Indian & Mexican grocery stores in Freehold area unfortunately it’s a head scratcher to remember the names but they dot route 79 & Main Street in Freehold & side streets off Main St up to route 33

1 Like

Cool info @CurlzNJ !

I’ve been to a few of those and I will happily second the rec for Asian Food Market. Also, Bingo flat out sux for anything non-kosher.

2 Likes

Don’t forget NetCost market in Manalapan great selection of Eastern European food
Lots of great prepared food as well.

1 Like

You can find Greek and German items at both Aldi and Lidl during holiday seasons.
Greek Spot, Eatontown sells specialty dry/canned goods.
Livoti’s for Italian pantry items.

I’ll stop there just for the large variety of pickles and honey. @seal introduced me to NetCost.

3 Likes

No Super Supermarket in Asbury?

You can also find limited stuff at World Market

4 Likes

Obviously lots of Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi in Edison, but closer is Patel Brothers at Route 9 and Ernston Road in Sayreville/Parlin.

1 Like