NJ Food News

3 Likes

Nicholas Creamery is opening a 4th spot next year - in the former Hoffman’s location in Long Branch.

2 Likes

Crap. It’s like they’re chasing me…

2 Likes

Not a huge sweets guy but I do like their delivery truck.

2 Likes

EXACTLY what I thought! This is starting to feel personal. :laughing:

1 Like

Cousins Maine Lobster is coming to AP next year… they’re taking over the Tower Dogs spot (in the block where Cubacan and Stella Marina are).

3 Likes

Here’s something you don’t see every day - a legit hot dog joint inside a bowling alley! Inside Howell Lanes on Rt 9 is Dave’s Hot Dogs

https://www.daveshotdogsnj.com/howell-lanes

I had just come from a late breakfast so I wasn’t hungry, but … one day soon.

3 Likes

Didn’t Cousins have a food truck this past summer at North East?

1 Like

They did - this is the same owners. They own three of the four food trucks in NJ and will have this brick and mortar, too.

1 Like

Dam those look good! I would love to try some of those chili & jalapeños dogs, but with my stomach I would sh*t my pants! Getting old sucks!!

1 Like

Not sure if this is officially ‘news,’ but it’s food-related and it really cracked me up, so I’m sharing. Be sure to click through for the entire thread!

3 Likes

Cute!

I thought that was very creative and some of them really cracked me up.

2 Likes

This could really go in a few categories…

1 Like

Yeah, PFFFFFFFFFT to that! I’ve challenged Ani Ramen to come to AP as a tradeoff. Been campaigning for that since I moved down here, in fact!

But my Montclair peeps are excited.

1 Like

The lack of parking will kill them.

2 Likes

That is DEFINITELY an issue in that town, but there’s also Uber/Lyft and Montclair State University (and Seton Hall and Bloomfield College aren’t far), so if there are college students who enjoy it down here, that could be a draw.

There’s also a LOT of pizza in Montclair already, and friends report that some of the existing places are excellent. I don’t doubt that the food will be up to Porta standards, but I suspect it will be about the late night scene, as there’s not much of that there right now.

1 Like

Yeah, the real money/profit will be from the nightclub it becomes after 10 on Fridays and Saturdays.

They (Smith) even went the nightclub route on Homesick on Fridays and Saturdays. And I don’t know how I missed it, Homesick does bottomless mimosas.

1 Like

Did NOT know either of those things about Homesick. Go figure!

And homesick is only open Friday to Sunday for the winter

1 Like