NJ Food News

Corbo and sons, the pizza/Italian spot located in bell works, looks to be opening a 2nd location in the former Europa grill spot on Shrewsbury on Shrewsbury ave.
I’ve had their pizza a few times now and I find it very good. This spot let what I read will have a bigger menu but no booze.

1 Like

Friends were talking about this at the beach yesterday… I live less than 2 blocks away and never ate there, but they said it had gone SERIOUSLY downhill from a food perspective.

Is that any relation to Corbo restaurant equipment in APP? I forgot his first name, Richard?, but the owner of the restaurant supply place is a handful. Couldn’t imagine him running a restaurant even if it’s pizza.

I’ve always enjoyed the food there but ate only at the bar.
Covid hasn’t helped, they basically had one person in the kitchen doing everything, the exec chef.

1 Like

Was wondering same. Lester Corbo. Have heard great stories about him over the years while selling equipment. A pistol, literally!

1 Like

A whole bunch of people on my local Next Door board are raving about this new butcher in Spring Lake Heights… It appears that he and his wife have/had been selling through the Asbury Fresh market and now have a storefront:

2 Likes

In other news …

A place I’ve grown to love in Rumson, The French Market, is opening a 2nd location in Colts Neck!

Looks like they open the new store on Monday 10/4 good buddy.

6 Likes
1 Like

That’s good news for Central NJ!

10 min from his house in Mataram to MB. I got learn that route on Waze.
I’m all honesty would be nice for Mb to have a boost culinarily speaking. I have not been but the Tavern is more of a scenery place than a serious food place as far as my understanding. Happy to be proven wrong if anyone on here as a different take. The other spot mentioned I have not heard one mention of at all either on the Ho or in person

2 Likes

Cool. Now if we can just get Robbie Felice to move down to Monmouth County as well we’ll never have to drive over the Godforsaken Driscoll Bridge ever again…unless we’re going to the airport in which case we’ll be killing time at Valença.

1 Like

Yeah, that commute must be as the crow flies!

Abbiocco opened in the Channel Club Marina’s banquet space about a year ago. High-end Italian. The general consensus among all my neighbors and friends is good food at a high price, spotty service. I dined there once outdoors. It was lovely. I agree with the consensus. I couldn’t drum up the energy to create a post about it here. I trolled other spaces for diner reviews. I noted that the management consistently responded only to positive comments and ignored the negative ones. That aligns with Beach Tavern management style: indifferent. Hope that the new culinary director brings about positive change.

3 Likes

Oink and Moo’s Grand Opening is Oct. 20th (according to the Bell Works newsletter)

Ate at BT once. meh. Ate at Abbiocco and it was very good. Lots of complaints about service there and maybe I was lucky; generally agree with your comments. I think it is going to be an interesting change. Worlds may collide.

1 Like

For those in/traveling through the area, APP says there’s good pizza behind a gas station in Brick.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing! That pizza surprised me, along with finding out the owner is the founder of Cluck-U!

1 Like

I noticed this place the last time I was heading to Target. And today it was mentioned on the local Next Door. Who wants to meet for a slice? @SarahGriesemer @CurlzNJ?

1 Like

Lol. Great minds. I was going to suggest a HODown there where we bring folding chairs and eat outside while it’s still warm enough.

But, if I am free, I’m game for a last minute meetup too.

1 Like

There’s a chair in my car…

3 Likes