NJ Food News

True

I’m following Pancho on IG and everything looks good and they keep selling out, so they obviously have an audience already… anyone been?

From a recent APP article:

Pancho, serving lunch and dinner, opened Aug. 10 on Prospect Avenue in Little Silver. It is not the first restaurant for its owners: Andrew Datre owns Gianni’s Pizzeria and Lupo Pizzeria, which together have seven locations in Monmouth County, and Almost Home General in Middletown. Robert Doran is co-owner of Almost Home.

Chef Alex Riley, who leads the kitchen at Pancho and Almost Home, created a menu that revolves around a handful of proteins – pulled beef (birria), citrus-marinated chicken (mojo pollo), pulled pork (carnitas) and blackened fish (pescado) – that can be tucked into tacos, burritos and quesadillas or piled on nachos ($4.95 to around $20).

3 Likes

Haven’t been yet but very crowded each time I have driven past. Didn’t know those were the owners. Definitely giving Dos Bandidos in FH some competition!

3 Likes

We are going to look go to one day for lunch during our staycation week :wink: will report back!

4 Likes

From NJ.com:

Dave’s Hot Chicken, a popular spicy chicken eatery based in California, has announced a huge expansion into New Jersey.

The company said it will open 14 restaurants throughout Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Passaic and Union counties.

Exact locations and opening dates have yet to be announced.

2 Likes

All north Jersey :rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

Are you not ever out wandering north of the Driscoll?!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Four Boys ice cream in Jamesburg was heavily damaged by the flood and will be closed until further notice. It so happens I paid my first ever visit to this location Friday afternoon after having lunch a block up the street from them. I can see how they would be vulnerable being at the intersection of two sloping roads.

1 Like

As per the APP, I’m going to have to watch my waistline. Pastosa is GOOD!!!

Pastosa Ravioli, a food market with two other locations in Monmouth County, and Haven Salon Studios, are preparing to open up at Plaza 35 Village (in Eatontown), a retail center which has been built next to Plaza 35.

ALSO: The Hoffman’s ice cream shop in Long Branch will close on Aug. 29th.

2 Likes

Haven’t tried Pastosa Ravioli, but I know they will need to be exceptional to compete with Nino’s Jr. in that same area.

1 Like

There’s a Pastosa right onthecorner from us
All their stuff is very good. I often buy bread there
Yesterday I got bread and some excellent Proscuitto de Parma for stuffing cherry peppers.

2 Likes

This is awesome news. Pastosa is fantastic, more of a salumeria than a deli, although they do make sandwiches now too. The pasta are made fresh by them including ravioli, stuffed shells, and manicotti. Fresh mozzarella is gonna be best in the area and meats as well as canned tomatoes including San Marzano. Will be interested to see where they get their bread from, if it will be Brooklyn spots or if they find nj places.
Christmas Eve with fried fish and Christmas Day with pastosa, what a great thought.

1 Like

Nino’s Jr. bakes its own breads! Best I’ve had.

1 Like

This past weekend, we stopped in to Richard’s Deli, West End in Long Branch, for pastrami sandwiches and saw that we could purchase adult beverages. Our server explained that the owners of Jack’s Goal Line Stand have purchased Richard’s, which is just next door. The town allowed Richard’s to use Jack’s liquor license. Richard’s hours are now 7-3, seven days a week. Gone are the complementary macaroni salad and coleslaw that were placed on the table after you were seated, replaced by Yuengling condiment caddies. Pickles were served with our sandwiches. The retail goods that were in the first room are gone, replaced with a few high tops. Our server said that they’re going to keep all of Richard’s staples but will remove the less popular dishes from the menu. The meat suppliers haven’t changed except for the ground meats, which are now from D’allessi. The meats will still be roasted in house. The existing staff has been retained.

Our pastrami sandwiches had more meat on them than previously and were just as scrumptious. The next day, we went back for takeout. I got a special, a chef salad: excellent but missing the hard boiled egg. The DH got a turkey club. It was not served with fries, as expected. He enjoyed it. I thought it was a little salty.

Here’s a pic of their specials menu. Server said turkey balls were amazing. The description of The Little Caesar has me drooling.

7 Likes

From today’s APP…

In October, (Joshua) Sacks and co-owner Kevin Trimarchi will open Oink and Moo BBQ & Burgers at Bell Works in Holmdel.
Oink and Moo is known for its smoked brisket and pulled pork sliders, smoked chicken, baby-back ribs, pulled pork tacos, and sides like cornbread, mac and cheese, baked beans and smoked sweet potatoes.

I’ve certainly read about the food truck (great name, which is probably why it stuck w me)… anyone had their food?

1 Like

I"m going to open a place next to him called: “Oink, Moo and Bock-Bock”.

2 Likes

& on the other side I’m opening a liquor store called 'Guzzle & Hooch,

3 Likes

Flaky Tart fans and Shrewsbury area HOs, click here to read some news. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hotel Tides in Asbury Park has sold, the last day for the current version of the Tides will be September 26.

The new owners will make some changes and plan on reopening in 2022.

This place was one of our go to’s to sit at the small bar and have a bite with a few drinks.
We have gotten to know everyone there and are upset but not much we can do.

2 Likes