NJ Food News

I’m hoping we get an invite for the soft opening from Jennifer, I mean she did sing at our wedding. Lol

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

Coming soon to Pier Village in Long Branch: The Baked Bear

1 Like

Ironically The Baked Bear was also my stoner name!

8 Likes

On the list of reasons I love you, @NotJrvedivici!

3 Likes

I thought that was your friends stage name over at MJs

1 Like

No that was Bare Balls.

3 Likes

A few snippets from the APP article:

Livoti’s Old World Market opened its fourth specialty food store on Thursday, bringing the smells of gourmet food back to a space once home to grocer Top Tomato.

Workers were busy on Tuesday putting the finishing touches to the store, such as readying displays for fresh produce, and stocking shelves and cases. Regular hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week.

Founded in 2010 by John Livoti, Livoti’s specializes in produce, meats, bakery, seafood, prepared foods and meals and Italian specialty products.

The new store is Livoti’s largest, with approximately 20,000 square feet of space, roughly two thirds of the former Top Tomato, which closed in 2016. It previously was an Acme supermarket.

The location, in the Mount’s Corner shopping center, is along Route 537 at the intersection of Wemrock Road and is close to Route 9. “We thought that this would be a nice success for us,” Livoti said

The article is behind a paywall, but if you have a subscription, here’s the link.

3 Likes

I’ve stopped by the new Livoti’s a couple of times. It’s a beautiful store with a ton of prepared food and other options. Nice addition to Freehold.

3 Likes

I too stopped by.
I found it too big for a pork store.
It was more like a supermarket featuring lots of Italian speciality items.
I prefer smaller pork stores like A&S Salumeria on Route 33 in Manalapan or Tuscany on Route 79 in Marlboro.
I am a fan of “ homemade “ food ,with the larger stores the illusion of homemade is gone & mass produced food has never been my thing.
Good Luck to them but they are not going to be a stop on my tour.

1 Like

Here’s a video of ‘robots’ cooking Chinese food at the new Komodo Chinese Restaurant in Brick. Anyone tried it yet? They say they’re trying to be a fresh version of Panda Express, as everything is cooked to order. And since NJ.com put their article behind a paywall, here’s the one that BestofNJ did–although it doesn’t mention the automation in the kitchen.

I feel like @joonjoon would be all over this if he lived in the area. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would like to buy the chef a bottle of…motor oil? Give me your finest 10W-30 and send it to the kitchen please!

5 Likes

I may have greased the palm of a maître d’ before, but never a chef

6 Likes

Just saw this post on my local Next Door board, so I figured I’d share:

Bayleaf Deli is now Padilla’s Traditional Mexican.

This is NOT like Surf Taco or Bubbakoo’s. Instead, this is REAL Mexican-style food. I tried it and it is really good.
They are just starting out. I know, the location stinks, but you can enter from the rear and there is plenty of parking on the side.

2300 New Jersey Highway 33
Shark River Hills, Neptune Township, NJ

3 Likes

I pass by there all the time. Thanks for the heads-up. Will try!

1 Like

I think this is a GREAT location. Mr Bean will be able to go out the back exit from his office and will probably be there in less than 2 minutes. The menu looks really good. Did you have the Tacos de Birria?

1 Like

Looks like they actually have a website, a minor upset for most new spots these days!!

https://padillasmexicanfood.com/menu/

2 Likes

I know. And the menu looks really good. I’m looking forward to trying it.

1 Like

I did!! Keep forgetting to post about it… if there isn’t a thread (I can’t remember), I’ll start one.