NJ Food News

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Words cannot express how sad this makes me. It was my favorite casual steak spot ever. :frowning:

RIP Collins you were great.

1 Like

There’s a nice interview with the founder of Two River Mushroom Co. on New Jersey Bites. They supply mushrooms to some of the fine restaurants like Il Nido and Drew’s. Local 130 also sells them among other places. They really grow some of the more exotic mushrooms found in NJ.

4 Likes

Sad to post this. I knew him casually last seeing him at the Bay Point Inn, he was a good guy.

2 Likes

Happy bday🎈

1 Like

Pete Genovese just tweeted this, so I figured I’d ask here, because if anyone will know, it’s probably a HO! (Yes, I’m TMing that new tag line)

Does anyone recall a fast food place called Mervie’s or Mervin’s or Merbies, possibly in the Trenton area? One of our photographers interviewed someone who said he worked there years ago. Didn’t ring a bell with me.

This could be trouble for me

3 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

(And yes, @hungryonion this IS a complete sentence. So NYAH)

2 Likes

waaaaaaait a minute! Ooooh, I’m so excited! What should my first order definitely include??

Maybe a Nicholas Creamery will open next door, and I’ll really be happy!

1 Like

Patsy’s famous NYC restaurant comes to Asbury Park.

Anyone try it? supposedly opened in February in Berkeley Hotel.

1 Like

They are famous for their jalapeno poppers which are stuffed with pulled pork. We’re partial to the fried pickles. For your first order maybe do a combo platter. It will be a lot of food but you’d be able to try a few different things. I always get the chopped brisket and then mix it up.

Nicholas is slowing moving south so who knows.

1 Like

It’s funny…there was ‘news’ that they were doing the popup there, but I haven’t heard a thing since! I’m sure people have gone, but I haven’t.

1 Like

I had seen an advertisement for it somewhere, I’m surprised being there you had seen/heard about it yet.

Looks like they are booked solid.

The Asbury Park group on the Facebook has some reviews and all I saw were positive, full disclosure I did not read them all

2 Likes

I had heard about it a month or so ago, but nothing since. And you can only guess that I follow a ton of AP accounts on social media… Separate of that, most of my local friends aren’t dining out.

1 Like

Some sad news about Carroll Barkley of Delicious Orchards has passed away.

2 Likes

https://freemanfuneralhomes.com/tribute/details/8199/Carroll-Barclay-Jr/obituary.html

We attended.

1 Like

I know we had a conversation about the Committed Pig in the Restaurants Closed Due the Pandemic @NotJrvedivici @CurlzNJ, but since this the opposite I decided to post the follow up here. It still doesn’t look like work has started yet though. Tagging @heidicooksandbakes since she’s a local.

2 Likes

Is that the old school Italian place that was about a block up the street on the opposite side of the road? Kinda across the street from the old diner? Interesting…they must be expanding their menu. Good luck to them!

1 Like

I like the idea of rooftop dining. But I saw in the comments that the town is suggesting they put in an elevator? Wow, construction costs will really skyrocket with that. But they have hired Keith Henderson, so they’ll probably get everything they want.

1 Like

The elevator is probably for compliance with the ADA, particularly if the rooftop dining is an integral part of their business.