NJ Food News

I drove by the other day coming back from having my car serviced in Freehold and thought about stopping in. Glad I didn’t.

1 Like

wow, and there is a big placard out front with a picture of a mask on it, saying to please wear one, unless they took it down? btw I was in Freehold ShopRite yesterday and a man was shopping without a mask. He was older and no one said anything to him.

1 Like

J. Spinelli Farmstand on Route 516 in Old Bridge is open and stocked with several varieties of hot peppers, as well as cucumber, zucchini, and other stuff I don’t remember. Definitely “contactless”; they have a cash box where you deposit your payment. (Honor system, but they do have what appears to be a camera aimed at the stand. :slight_smile: ) Most things are $2 a box, with the boxes being two-pint size (i.e., six short but fat cucumbers, three good-sized zucchini, etc. You dump the produce into plastic bags they provide (or use your own) and leave the box for re-use.

I recommend their jalapenos; just remember the rule: the more striations on the outside, the hotter it is.

2 Likes

Just saw this on Twitter…it’s Woody’s in Tinton Falls:

I actually live a stones throw from there, our power was out 4± hours, its back now. No damage to actual Woodys just their lawn.

1 Like

Us too. We’re still without power.

We lost for about 4 hours on Tuesday and have been fine until about 2 hours ago we just lost it again. I’m assuming they cut it to make repairs to the two poles down at this location. (or at least I hope so)

Half our development lost power Tuesday, and last I heard JCP&L was still working on it.

Luckily for us, it was the other half of the development.

Some of us are not so lucky. No power since Tuesday and a huge tree is in my pool.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

1 Like

I believe I was in the other half. Our power was just restored within the last hour.

1 Like

Is Woody’s Tinton Falls closed? Not answering phone.

(Self deleted)

Ugh. But as long as you’re all okay!!

1 Like

No idea–sorry! But I’m guessing they must still be without power based on that post…

Two items I’ve just learned about, one in NNJ, one in Central…

-Wine Outlet is opening in the Whole Foods shopping center in Wall (where AC Moore used to be). I’m told the shelves are already being stocked, so they must be getting close.

-Millburn Deli (an EXCELLENT deli) has opened a second location…in Morristown.

3 Likes

I was hoping they were opening a Millburn Deli south of the Driscoll Bridge! Had a pastrami joe delivered to me last week. One road trip to Florida in the 80s had me and a buddy fill a cooler with 10 of them. We ate the last two in St. Augustine and then went to the gator farm.

2 Likes

Love it! They really do a great job; I worked in Essex County for many years and any chance I had to get lunch from there or pick up dinner on the way home, I was always happy to have done so. We DO need that caliber of a deli south of the Driscoll for sure!

1 Like

That is not a sloppy joe I grew up with lol

1 Like

Clark, Deli King close enough? They make incredible sloppy joe platters and sandwiches to go.

http://www.delikingofclark.com/new/?page=menus&menu=inhouse

1 Like

Another positive vote for Clark Deli King. Without a doubt, almost as good as Katz’s. Best yet in NJ. Their pastrami is machine sliced rather than hand sliced which subtracts a point,

1 Like