NJ Food News

It is right next to it which I saw on this page

Thanks. It will be interesting to see how the two restos right next door to each other do. Not only a diff menu but a very diff price point.

Green Lake Seafood and Dim Sum is (finally) open at 19 US-22, Green Brook Township, NJ 08812. This is the location formerly occupied by the excellent but shortlived Hot and Spicy Asian Cuisine. The dim sum is good, and they have more variety than Chengdu 1. They also have an extensive Cantonese menu, and tanks with live fish, lobsters, and even a couple of intimidating-looking king crabs.

1 Like

I think the real competition is surf taco. I generally don’t see too many younger people at Indian restaurants, so I don’t think they will be butting heads. I don’t think the new tacoholics will affect the authentic Mexican spots either.

Do you all receive calls like this? “Find out what’s happening with the old diner site on Rt 35 near Rt 70 at that crazy intersection… I t’s called The Kitchen (I think).” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
When I asked what town it was in, she said maybe Brielle… Anyone know anything?

I know the location has been 1001 diners over the years and nothing…NOTHING has ever made it there.

1 Like

I drive by there all the time. It was a diner quite a while ago and then was closed for years. Opened as diner and closed again. I think it opened and closed one more time and now reopened maybe 10 days ago as Kitchen @ 35.

They didn’t have a website with a menu when a checked a while ago. They have a interesting interaction with someone who posted a google review.

That corner where Rts 34, 35 and 70 is an odd one. It could be Brielle or Wall. The address they give is Manasquan so I’m guessing it’s Wall.

1 Like

I somehow knew you’d know that!!! :slight_smile:

There’s a decent pizza/Italian restaurant in that Shop Rite mall, the name escapes me but I’ve eaten there a few times.

Lubranos. One of the better ones in the area.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That kungfu crab place looks pretty interesting. I wish it was closer.

This place looks like it is right up Mrs P’s alley! :wink:

1 Like

Italian, Italian, Italian.

Did I mention Italian?

1 Like

#SeparatedAtBirth :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll drink to that - preferable one of the new cocktails at Reyla’s. Or Laylow.

1 Like
2 Likes

“Kulu Desserts” darn it!!! I was truly hoping for “Happy Endings”.

1 Like

There are SOUP DUMPLINGS at the other half of this place! #roadtrip

1 Like

Wow, a story where someone in nj isn’t getting sued or bashed online. As Robert Kraft would say, sometimes a happy ending is a good thing once in a while…

1 Like

I love stuff like this…