NJ Food News

And for those of you further south…

That doesn’t look like any boils I have ever attended.
Seasoning on the outside of crawfish? Sacrilege! But I’m a purist

1 Like

Stew Leonard’s is coming to the Paramus Park Mall. 80,000 sq ft. + wine/liquor. The annoying video doesn’t say WHEN (or I missed it).

1 Like

Used to do Stew’s in Connecticut. An adventure. Last I heard (a looooong time ago) someone had gone to jail and the expansion had stopped. I guess times change.

2 Likes

I reached my limit of “7 free monthly views” at APP, so maybe someone can share the link:

A Long Branch-based chef wants to bring back Bennigan’s and Steak and Ale. I’m very excited for this, as I used to LOVE Steak and Ale. However, I have misgivings. I hear Long Branch and think of the area and wonder if this happens, will they be true to the originals or high class versions in name only, which would be the antithesis of what these two restaurants stood for?

2 Likes

The article says the owner is a former Long Branch native not that he is bringing one back to Long Branch. It says he wants to open more in New Jersey (one already open in Vineland) but no future Jersey openings announced.

1 Like

If you just clear your recent history you should be able to view again. (At least it’s worked for me in the past.)

2 Likes

An incognito / private should also work.

1 Like

Not Snuffy’s!!! (sarcasm–I was there at a wedding 20 years ago and laughing at how dated and tacky it was THEN)

1 Like

Wow, had my first raw clams there at the Clam Bar over 50 years ago, anyone remember the flying monkey over the bar?

For those near to Atlantic Highlands, any word on the progress of Una Pizza?

I’ve heard nothing new since the ovens reportedly went in. His Insta has a week old post showing the AH storefront but no news about an opening date yet.

This one hurts. I knew him IRL, as the kids say. Pete Genovese wrote a lovely tribute:

2 Likes

So did NYT.

2 Likes

Sounded like a great guy, and I instantly loved him when he proclaimed La Pola the best Cuban sandwich anywhere and the ensuing uproar it caused.

Still need to get over there.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, @CurlzNJ. He sounds like a fun, honest guy.

1 Like

Thanks. He really was, and I think Pete captured all of who he was! Big void.

1 Like

3 Likes

address listed is 90 Broad St…did Bombay River close already?