NJ Food News

Mrs. P can get down and dirty with the best of them :blush: She will chuck those high heels for a good old fashioned crab boil :grinning: We have no intention of going to this though.

1 Like

I don’t blame you skipping this one. I went to there once but saw no need to go back.

I would, however, love to see Mrs P down and dirty.

3 Likes

Here you go @corvette_johnny

Nice. I dont suppose you saw a menu?

Nope, and what a surprise: they don’t have a website!

:roll_eyes: yup

I can’t even find a phone number

As you once asked, “Is it a Jersey thing?”

No. It’s a stupid thing.

3 Likes

The una pizza napoletana signs are up in the windows. Not sure if that was mentioned here.

5 Likes

I am so looking forward to one stop Flaky Tart and UPN!

3 Likes

Those have been up for over a month now. Does not look like much progress since.

I know they were shooting for an August opening, but that is probably pushed back now.

2 Likes

I think he’s a bit of an eccentric dude (not pejorative -he’s a legit genius from what I’ve read about him) so it wouldn’t surprise me if it runs long. Given the rep of this place he prob wants it to be perfect since it’s been a legit top NYC spot for years.

3 Likes

Just read that Hazlet Bertucci’s closed.

Bertucci’s is such a “90’s place” for me. Its up there with Pizza Hut as a couple of places that were so “in” to be at when you were a kid in the 90’s. Even as an adult in very few visits (the food sucked, just not as bad as Olive Garden), it was a dose of nostalgia.

-“I went to Bertucci’s with my parents last night!”
-“No way, man! Lucky!”

At least in Hazlet! LOL!

1 Like

Don’t know about the food, but the sound level was horrendous last time I was there (about 20 years ago).

2 Likes

My mom used to complain about that all the time. “$10 for a glass of wine and you have to scream at each other across the table” were her words, I believe.

I wonder what will go into that building. Also, what, if anything, will ever go into the old carrabba’s building?

Rumor has it that Costco bought the property and will be adding a gas station.

That would actually be a very good spot for one.

1 Like

On NY Eater, today’s “5 Restaurants to Try This Weekend in NYC” includes this:

For a worthwhile New Jersey excursion: It’s a long weekend, so hop onto NJ Transit and spend the day in Asbury Park on the Jersey Shore. It’s a two-hour trip from Penn Station, and the beach is a quick Uber ride from the train station. For lunch or dinner, hit up Asbury’s adorable downtown, filled with boutiques, art galleries, and many cute restaurants. I’m partial to Talula’s , a Neapolitan-style pizza place that sources everything locally for its pizzas, salads, sandwiches, pastas, and bowls. *550 Cookman Avenue, near Emory Street, Asbury Park, NJ — Stefanie Tuder, senior editor

3 Likes

Agree about some of these, but certainly not all… (Pop’s Garage, for instance, is AWFUL)

1 Like