Nicholas Creamery Monmouth county

Good question. I can only recall two other booze-laced ice creams they offered which was a chocolate chip Bailey’s in December and egg nog (which may not have had booze in it at all). I’d be curious to know if they actually have to card.

1 Like

I didnt quite phrase my question correctly, but you got the point. “Do they have to card someone that appears to possibly be under 21?”…that’s better :slight_smile:

1 Like

He does/gets collaborations with distillers. With Whistle Pig he did a special blend, iirc. I didn’t see his Herradura announcement.

1 Like

I may be wrong on the Whistle Pig, maybe it was Knob Creek? In any event if you go to his wine site you can see the collabs.

Being a tequila fan, this is an interesting topic.

Apparently they only sell the double barrel rep by the barrel according to the Herradura site. I wonder how much it cost to get that to the US, or if he got it from a US distributor that is bringing in tractor trailers full.

If they cook the base the alcohol will burn off. If they use ‘flavorings that mock the real deal no issues.

If they use the good stuff, they would ask before selling to minors or anyone avoiding alcohol.

My guess they use the good stuff and communicate that a flavor contains alcohol to every customer.

like this:

1 Like

Back in my college days I was a cook/pizza maker at an on-campus restaurant (using the term restaurant loosely). We served Haagan Daz ice cream which was still pretty new at the time. The Rum Raisin had rum in it and never froze as hard as the other flavors.

1 Like

Today I was driving home from Asbury Park and felt like having ice cream. I figured it was a good time to try Nicholas even though it was a bit out of the way. Happy to report that it was worth the trip. Why can’t all ice cream be like this?

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here…

6 Likes

Hahaha I was just about to post that!!! I know where I’m going after the RFH game tonight!!

1 Like

Looks like a good reason to join Instagram! :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Come on down the rabbit hole!!

I had lunch at Nicholas Creamery in Atlantic Highlands on Saturday (PB&J–a scoop of their Concord grape sorbet + a scoop of the Hudson Trail, which is PB goodness through and through)… I went in knowing this is what I wanted, but ALMOST deviated, because OMG they have a coffee/bourbon flavor in the case right now. I did taste it and have it on great authority that it’s delicious w hot fudge. GET IT WHILE YOU CAN. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saw that bourbon flavor as well. May have to drive there soon

1 Like

I’m REALLY happy they’re not closer. I mean it.

1 Like

We almost went the other day but I wasn’t hungry enough to justify the drive

As my niece started saying when she was about 4, you have a dessert closet. It ALWAYS has room. :grin:

4 Likes

True but I am trying to cut down the size of the rest of the house

5 Likes

:joy::joy:

Just saw the new flavor, Mexican Hot Chocolate, I am a huge fan of Mexican hot chocolate so may need to visit

2 Likes