Nicholas Creamery Monmouth county

YES! I forgot to mention that…my friend got the choc/coffee beans to eat on the side of her Booskerdoo… :laughing:

2 Likes

I wanted either fudge or caramel (and I am always down for gummy worms) but I wanted my first real taste of their product to be without any toppings. Next time…next time…

1 Like

Now that I know the fudge is the real deal I want the Booskerdoo with THAT.

2 Likes

I’m now extra salty that we didn’t go here Saturday night! Great write-up @gcaggiano

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Stopped by last night for dessert and the little place was packed. We were ten people and were spread out checking out the flavors and everything else. Two men came in together and got in line behind the half of us that knew what we wanted. A little more than five minutes later it was our turn and we yelled for the other four of us to tell us what they wanted. They came over and started tasting a few flavors and the guys behind us went nuts!

“We were next,” they whined in unison. “These kids have to wait.”

And they acted on their entitled indignance by leaving without getting any ice cream. That showed us. :grin:

1 Like

I had the Booskerdoo Crunch for lunch yesterday. Fantastic! :grin:

3 Likes

That was the first flavor I tried when they opened and it’s still my favorite. The Baileys Choc Chunk they had around Xmas was very good as well

2 Likes

Finally got the chance to go here yesterday afternoon. My husband and I split a flight (justified this with the following reasons: I passed my gestational diabetes screening, we drove 45 minutes just try to this place, and we also skipped lunch :sweat_smile:) and ordered the following flavors: Jersey blueberry, watermelon sorbet, the GOAT, blackberries and cream, Booskerdoo coffee crunch, and Valrhona brownie.

All were great, but my personal order of preference was:

1. GOAT (very unique and the goat cheese flavor was fantastic)
  2. blackberries and cream
  3. Jersey blueberry
  4. tie between coffee crunch and brownie
  5. watermelon sorbet

But even the one I liked the least was superior to most flavors in shops more local to me in Ocean County. Living down here, I really miss The Bent Spoon in Princeton (used to live 20 minutes away from there), but I think Nicholas Creamery will fill that void quite nicely. Next time I’ll try to practice some restraint and limit myself to two flavors! Would love to try the mint crunch on my next stop in. My husband said it was worth the drive specifically to go there, so definitely a winner for us.

10 Likes

Congratulations on passing that test. I was all hyped up for it! Need to get here and try. It looks delicious!!!

4 Likes

@CurlzNJ did you try the Jersey Sweet Corn? Not sure about that personally…some things aren’t always better as ice cream

1 Like

That’s a little off centered for me. I like my corn with salt and butter!

3 Likes

Hoping to get there this weekend…I’ve had corn ice cream before (in the city at a place on Bleeker Street, where I also enjoyed sesame ice cream!)…very curious to try it. They also have one made with GOAT’S milk. I love goat cheese, so…

1 Like

I heard they are coming out with an olive flavored ice cream soon. (FYI is it’ just olives or does olive oil freak you out too?)

2 Likes

Oh hell no-I have already had the Porta ricotta ice cream, which iirc had olive oil in it! I’ll eat good olive oil off a spoon. :grin:

2 Likes

Though I detest olives, I can drink good olive oil. :yum:

4 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

Just got back and I actually tried it. It was good, a little sweeter than vanilla with a nice corn taste. Sitting here thinking, I’m glad I had it but I’m not sure if I’d order it again. If that makes sense.

4 Likes

This might be better than sweet corn :smiley: (didn’t try yet)

6 Likes

I’ll take this over corn please!

Three questions…

A) it says “healthy pours of nicholas reserve herradura tequila.” Does it sound like they are pawning it off as their own tequila after tagging themselves? I kind of read it like that. If I didnt know all tequila is from Mexico, I’d probably think he distilled it.

B) does it seem like a waste to use double aged rep tequila?
C) do they have to card people under 21?

1 Like