New Year's Eve and Day foods

AUGUSTCHOCOLATBLANCMARTINDIEZ1601139_878402465511834_8262797977258369957_n AAGIANLUCAFUSTORECTANGLE9fbf12c9bd12e802b3358cced5dea9ad

AATHOMASTWINLIMEGREENec8bd20d2ae47afb527eb5711c566c3a AUGUSTAUTUMNROSEPETALSBERGER57503812_1213879918786015_7750649590965075968_n augustBIANCOTGM84fecf470ee7af9c297d260daf7d13d4

2 Likes

PHOTO COPYRIGHT CREDITS ABOVE:

Chocolatier Martin Diez.
Pâsticiccerie Gianluca Fusto.
Le Atelier de Joël Robuchon.
Pistache: Pâtissier Thomas Trillion, Hong Kong.
The Restaurant Ossiano, The Palm Hotel, Dubai. Photographer: Pascal Étienne Lattes, ThurIès Gastronomie Magazine.
Cannollo: Giovanni.
Chocolatier et Pâtissier Yann Brys.

2 Likes

They are all beautiful works of art along with @naf previous pictures. I don’t know if I should eat them or display them :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Paryzer,

These are quite extraordinary as well as Naf´s too of course.

Absolutely remarkably outstanding dessert design art and amazing photography.

Thank you very much too …

2 Likes

:smile: Maybe we should start a thread a beautiful desserts!

2 Likes

They are all beautiful, indeed!

1 Like

Thanks! Lovely buches!!

Honestly those you see in the post above, they cost around ±100€, it’s not a budget that most people will want to spend on a cake for 6. But every year I enjoy looking at the new designs. Believe me, most of them we are eating are not that price, and they look quite good. Picard, a frozen food company quite affordable (less than 20€), the design is nice.

Also, it seems the new trend, it is related to the creation of complex mould. A bit less to the chef’s skill.

4 Likes

Definitely … a thread on Beautiful Desserts …

1 Like

My family makes rugelach bar cookies and Italian biscotti with pots of espresso and fresh fruit platters while watching home movie reels until nightfall.

The rugelach bar cookie is a genius timesaver and very tasty.

7 Likes

Depending on how much panettone I have hanging around, Panettone French Toast, fresh fruit and Mimosas.
https://www.google.com/search?q=panettone+french+toast&client=ms-android-americamovil-us&prmd=sivn&sxsrf=ACYBGNTJm2jr9cf9Nq6IBa_1rro8fhDuvA:1576063503606&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwie7ZmKvq3mAhULUK0KHYbeD9QQ_AUoAnoECA8QAg&biw=360&bih=559&dpr=1.5

5 Likes

DW brews up a gallon or so of Chili (with beans ((apologies to the Texans on board here)) ) every New Years Day. The ever present side is a container of antacids. Oh, and a dense loaf of French bread accompanied by TPSTOB.

I put out a cheese board with crackers.

Then there’s usually a bowl or three of milk chocolate & dark chocolate morsels traveling room to room with the grandkids.

6 Likes

I think lentils are one of those foods that are very popular in very many cultures/countries - anywhere from Canada, India, Mediterranean countries (northern Africa, Southern Europe, Turkey, Lebanon, Israel), etc. I never had them growing up - my MIL introduced me to many lentil dishes and now I make them in several ways - and love them - always on hand in my pantry.

5 Likes

![augustCHRISTMASRELAIS10422320_539212129556720_7596007001956235675_n|700x481]
PastIcierre Gianluca Fusto, Milano, Italia.
Pâtissier Julién Dugourd, Provençe.
Relais Desserts Paris.

(upload://pa93vMvKuXXE2UMp70uMMxi1xdu.jpeg)

1 Like

@naf @Phoenikia The problem with all of these works of art is that it would be hard for me to eat them. It would be like taking a marker to a Monet.

4 Likes

Anyone making some traditional New Year’s foods tonight or tomorrow? https://www.cnn.com/travel/amp/new-years-food-traditions/index.html

1 Like

My mother always made black eyed peas.
I didn’t like them then and don’t like them now.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Making Korean dduk guk (rice cake) soup and dumplings. We usually do it for Lunar New Year but often times for Western New Year’s, too.

6 Likes

I’m making pork, greens, and beans, but only the collards will be traditional.

The beans are pigeon peas, the pork bry brined chops.

I’m doing the pigeon peas a la Mark Samuelson.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting - I’ll be putting a pot of black eyed peas on tomorrow, so may rif on MS’s s treatment. Yum.

3 Likes

That is such a yummy recipe. Enjoy!!

1 Like