New Jersey Coronavirus/Covid19 Local Restaurant Specials

Do I see a “pickle” as well?

1 Like

Indeed!

That would be nuts! Then again, you don’t have to just buy pints any more… But I’d still bring a cooler bag with ice pack. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m nuts

1 Like

I thought it was you - and I wanted to be charitable to Pete and Elda’s. Their lines can be shit in the best of times.

1 Like

Mrs. P made the delicious whole red snapper from Local 130 Seafood tonight with a side of asparagus.

7 Likes

I have it on good authority that there are ample ice packs ready to be pressed into service at a moments notice!

1 Like

C’mon Ruby Tuesdays! $80 for 12 hamburger patties??

1 Like

yeah- not just them- I’m seeing some really crazy pricing on the Memorial Day packages- and most are new you have to cook yourself.
And to touch on your earlier post- the Delicious Orrchards daily deals are becoming less and less of a deal as each day goes on.

3 Likes

Have to agree all around… some of the prices I’m seeing are really mind-boggling. Grocery stores are generally stocked again, Instacart slots are opening up, and people are DEFINITELY out more (don’t get me started) than they were even two weeks ago. Why would anyone spend $80 for THAT?

3 Likes

Yeah well what do you want…once one a$$hole starts paying $12. for sweet potatoes word get’s out that this community is full of millionaires. Now it’s ruined for the rest of us.

5 Likes

Right, don’t feed the flame.

2 Likes

As a math teacher I understood that the definition of millionaire is somebody who has at least 1 million dollars? Does one million grains of sand count?

1 Like

Lunch

7 Likes

Happy to report that both Happy Garden locations (Keansburg and Middletown) are now open. Ordered last night and was so excited. They were absolutely slammed judging by how long it took delivery to arrive. Glad they are back.

1 Like

I don’t know where the hell else to put it so just putting it here- tried Brothers for the first time tonight- and it was really really good. nice thin crunch crust- a bit of a cross of deninos and Pete and Eldas in my opinion. Pick up was easy- called and paid over phone and picked up in the doorway of the dining room. Only annoying thing was having to sign for it after paying, but I get it as it protects the spots.
Will def be ordering from there again.
I’ve prob asked before- but what else is good there- how is the calamari?

3 Likes

That was our hang out during my sons pop warner football years. (Go chargers!!) My favorite pie was their white pie with broccoli.

3 Likes

I have been dreaming of Neelam for weeks and we decided today was the day. But sadly it wasn’t. They are closed and I’m still very salty about it. Fortunately Siam similes was open. Very good. Easy but obviously not Indian.

1 Like

nice- I’ll have to look Into that one? I wonder how the fried calamari stacks up against Deninos - my fav- esp the dipping sauce, legit addictive.
Brothers is now by far the family’s fav locally.

2 Likes

Well lookee here. Calamari from Brothers. It was delicious. Asked for extra spicy on the sauce and it was wonderful.

Do yourself a favor and get garlic bread with cheese. Great on its own, but even better in the zesty calamari dipping sauce.

Of course this was dine-in. Hopefully the calamari won’t get soggy through takeout.

Love Brothers. Very vintage (including placemats from the 70s), cheap pitchers of beer, and solid pies.

4 Likes