New items you’ve purchased at the grocery store

I like the Darbo lingonberry jams and sauces, imported from Austria, which I can find at Polish grocery stores in Ontario. They’re also available through Amazon and some other vendors online.

2 Likes

I want most of those!

4 Likes

The Brussels Mint and rhe Peppermint slice are lovely.

Havent had the others (but the citrus looks like the next foray)

4 Likes

I’d be a YES on trying all five of them. :laughing:

4 Likes

Another flavor showed up today so I grabbed these and the gingerbread.

Also found these for $1.99

6 Likes

That’s a deal. I think Hungryroot sells that brand.

3 Likes

None of the holiday Pepperidge Farms cookies were at my Target. Probably a good thing. Because…

The Girl Scouts were in front of my post office this morning, so 2 boxes of Thin Mints were purchased and immediately stashed in the downstairs freezer, and I also bought 1 each of these new flavors. I will try one of each cookie after dinner.

5 Likes

OK, I tried two of each. The Adventurefuls were not really chocolatey, caramelly, or sea salty.

The Toast-Yays were definitely more flavorful. Slight hint of maple in the icing, which makes sense if they’re patterned after French Toast.

Won’t buy either again, but they’ll take care of any sweets craving I might get, and I supported the Girl Scouts, so there’s that.

Plus there are 2 boxes of Thin Mints in the freezer.

4 Likes

This is like the Xmas equivalent of Girl Scout cookies. I’d like to try them all!

2 Likes

Interesting they are still selling cookies this late in the year. I hope they haven’t expired!

I’ve had these Carando meatballs and they are very good, but massively overpriced at my grocery store. Something like $9 per pound, when I can get ground beef and decent Italian sausage for $5 or less. The convenience factor is nice though. If you can get them on sale, grab a package!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! My PIC is a big fan of meatballs, and I def don’t make them often enough (in his opinion).

1 Like

My understanding is that troops in different areas of the country have staggered selling times so as not to overwhelm the bakeries who make the cookies. The GS HQ says " Girl Scout Cookie season is recognized nationally from January through April, but local timing varies."

And the cookies were just fine, and not stale at all.

2 Likes

I was surprised how nice and tart the Delmonte passionfruit juice in a tetrapak was recently. It isn’t cut with grape juice like some brands.

1 Like

Sorry for your Target wild goose chase.
I was fooled by google again. :frowning:

1 Like

No worries. I have enough junk food in my house to last awhile. :wink:

3 Likes

Has nobody tried the d’Artagnan bacon? I’m surprised!

I still have a pound and a half of Nueske’s triple thick to work through. But, if someone else tries it, I hope they chime in!

2 Likes

Incidentally we almost ordered more bacon from Nueske’s, but we’re headed to Philly next week where a lot of food shopping will take place - likely including DiBruno’s bacon :slight_smile:

We did order their smoked duck breast for the holidays, tho >swoon<

4 Likes

Only their uncured duck bacon.

Fabulous stuff. Can’t find anymore.

1 Like