New items you’ve purchased at the grocery store

Both very good. Bet the leek & seafood ones would be amazeballz fried - so far I’ve only steamed both.

7 Likes

Our Wegmans has it - or so sayeth Instacart.

1 Like

Found at a 7-11 store here (sorry, I hope you’ll allow a non-grocery store purchase) in Bangkok…a “Yonkers” candy bar made by Quanta Chocolates of the UAE. It’s a “Snickers” knock off and it’s fine for what it is, but other than that the name very vaguely sounds like “Snickers”, of all the names in the world, why would you chose to name a candy bar after a somewhat non-descript city in Westchester County (sorry, citizens of Yonkers)? I had to buy one just to be able to post it here! (2nd photo is from a YouTube video screen grab).

7 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I found these in a convenience store in Penang, Malaysia and am now seeing them all over Kuala Lumpur International Airport. I had to buy a package ((I think they cost RM 2.10/USD $0.45) because it cracked me up! Not “Twinkies”, but “Twiggies” !

There are 2 in a pack and they tasted just like Twinkies…well, at least how they used to when I lived in the US until 200. I’ve heard that Bimbo Bakeries had changed all the recipes for Hostess products and Hostess and Wonder are now owned by Flowers Foods, owner of the Mrs. Freshley’s, Tastykake and Dave’s Killer Bread brands. I wonder how Twinkies taste now…

Anyway, these weren’t as sweet and less chemical tasting then Twinkies were when I lived in the US. I like the packaging so much I’m taking it back to Japan with me!

7 Likes

Not purchased, but curious… has anyone tried these?

No, but a friend of ours purchases and eats the chicken and vegetable flavor ones regularly. She likes it a lot. I’ve heard from others though that they are only ok.

2 Likes

Pretty sure @mariacarmen has tried them, and I seem to recall that she was only lukewarm about them.

2 Likes

I think they are relying on the little sauce packets that come with it to be perceived as an upgrade versus the powdered seasoning that comes with Top Ramen (and similar). If I’m buying packaged noodle soup, I’m going to go with Nongshim.

3 Likes

I think I’d like those. And they’re “gourmet” so they must be good.

I ate 7 in the parking lot.

4 Likes

That good, eh?

3 Likes

I have no willpower and I was hungry. I’d also eat 6 ordinary Oreos in a row in the parking lot. These are slightly smaller and less caloric. 50 calories per Biscoff sandwich cookie vs 60 / regular Oreo if I remember correctly.

1 Like

7 cookies or 7 packages of cookies?

1 Like

Fair question!

1 Like

The cornerstone of every nutritious breakfast (lunch?) :wink:

1 Like

7 cookies.

7 more cookies on the drive today. This sleeve of Biscoffs fits in that compartment between the driver’s seat and passenger seat.

1 Like

Today’s 7 were today’s lunch. I’ve started writing everything down in MyFitnessPal again.

3 Likes

We like the Carandos meatballs! Our local Safeway stores has them quite often for $3.99.

1 Like

Not purchased, just seen at the checkout… ummm, what fresh hell is this, and why would anyone eat this or feed it to some unsuspecting child (assuming it’s meant for busy parents on the go who apparently can’t be bothered to bring a banana along :roll_eyes:)? It looks positively revolting :nauseated_face:

2 Likes