Need some spaghetti inspiration

I have many boxes of spaghetti that I really need to finish. But I’m tired of the usual suspects - red sauce, white sauce, carbonara, that kind of thing. Any HOs out there with some tasty spaghetti inspiration? Maybe some non-Italian style ideas? Help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve made all of these and recommend them.

with lemon sauce

with grilled tuna, capers & parsley

with parsley pesto

cold sesame noodles would be better with lo mein noodles, but eh - work with what you have.

Some ideas:

Pesto
Bacon
Vegs (mushrooms, pumpkin, aubergines etc)
Prawns/Clams/Roe

I don’t see what’s stopping you from adding Korean/Chinese sauces to it.

For lunch today I ate the last of the spaghetti in the cupboard with smoked bacon (look up Speck) and salt-cured egg yolks. I often add fried minced onions and garlic to my food. You’ll see what it looks like on the Lunch thread tomorrow I’m sure.

Spaghetti Alla Vongole:

Spaghetti all’amatriciana:

1 Like

Spaghetti Putanesca:

Has anyone tried to make ramen with spaghetti and baking soda ?

Pasta Fazool:

I make it with cannelinni beans, bacon, onion & fresh sage in chicken broth (no tomato)

Spaghetti aglio e olio:

EVO needs to be really goid. I also like a little red pepper flake (pepperoncino) and real pecorino (sheep’s milk) cheese on top.

1 Like

Pad Thai (I like Mark Bittman’s recipe and tend to serve it room temperature):

Dandan Noodles with spicy ground pork:

1 Like

Schinkennudeln:

Chopped and baked with ham, eggs, cream, gruyere or Swiss cheese, and nutmeg.

Cold Korean Beef Noodles (bibim guksu):

Spaghetti pie
Break into small pieces and use for spanish fideua
Spaghetti patties like these

Use cooked spaghetti for asian style pan fried noodles
+1 for chinese peanut noodles
Use cooked spaghetti in vietnamese salad rolls
Make my favorite avocado sauce for it
http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/
Add cooked noodles to a frittata

3 Likes

Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup (Jjamppong):

I make it with mussels, shrimp and calamari, but one of the frozen mixed seafood packs works too.

You need lots of extra chili for this.

Miso Ramen:

I usually make a good Katsuo Dashi, add a little light miso (shiromiso), boil noodles separately, and serve with leftover roast pork, cooked egg, surimi (crab stick), shitaki, nori (dried seaweed) and negi (green onion).

Pasta frittata, good for leftover pasta or planned leftovers (it is better with pasta cooked a day or two before):

p.s.: add in any further elements you like, from cheeses to mushrooms, peppers, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, but I really don’t think it improves the taste.

I don’t like the off flavor of baking soda when it’s added as an ingredient in anything that’s not baked (cevapci for example).

I just cook the spaghetti and use like ramen or any other wheat noodle if I don’t have the special noodle at home.

If the broth or sauce is tasty enough, it works for me.

Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe:

Good pecorino and hand cracked peppercorns are essential to this dish.

So there’s an even dozen ideas, half authentic but somewhat unusual Italian, and half not Italian.

They are all personal favorites of mine, and I make them all on a regular basis.

Have fun trying.