Need some minced pork inspirations

Running out of ideas. I would like some enlightenment in using minced pork, except meatballs.

Mind sharing your favourite dish or successful recipes? Thanks.

1 Like

My favorite. Steamed pork hash.

https://www.foodland.com/recipe/steamed-chinese-style-pork-hash

4 Likes

Didn’t eat this for a while, thanks for reminding. Also there is another variation using salted fish.

Right now I’m also thinking of aubergine and mined pork.

4 Likes

What about ants climbing a tree?

4 Likes

When I get inspired, I top with sliced lap cheong (Chinese sausage) or hom dan (salted duck egg). Salted fish is great also, we just don’t stock in our pantry much.

Stir fry with eggplant is nice. We actually do minced pork with a variety of vegetable, zucchini, peppers… whatever is on hand and especially need to used up quickly.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea! I don’t recall ever eating this dish.

It’ll probably be some time before we make it back to China, will probably have to chef this up at home.

1 Like

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face: I order it every time we go to our favorite Szechuan restaurant.

1 Like

Thanks, I ate this several times in restaurants, never made it at home. The most memorable time, this dish was served shao bing cut in half, they were hollow, we filled the pork mince to serve, delicious!

2 Likes

Larb!

6 Likes

Lots of Chinese dishes use minced pork (with eggplant, string beans, tofu, …). If you make chile with beans, you can add minced pork to that.

(I personally don’t cook with minced pork, but I do cook a lot of dishes that call for it, substituting TVP.)

3 Likes

Love these

2 Likes

Two of my favourites with minced pork. Both recipes are good, the pad krapow one uses minced chicken but I used pork which was more normal when I had it in Thailand.

4 Likes

I’ve made these in the past. Cantonese wonton, pork and shrimp, very good.

Hong You Chao Shou, Sichuanese Wontons in Chilli Oil Sauce using Fuchsia Dunlop’s recipe.

5 Likes

Steamed Pork buns! Yum. I had these last week in a trendy place that was famous for that, unfortunately disappointed. The bun wasn’t fluffy and the pork was too dense.

Steamed pork hash with salted duck egg, it’s really good!

1 Like

I do a few variations on zha jiang mian / jja jang myun with ground pork. Basically Chinese meat sauce. You’ll almost never see the same zjm recipe twice, part of the fun is trying all the different ways to make it!

2 Likes

Not for the faint-hearted, Vietnamese raw fermented pork.

1 Like

Momos. Pork tacos. Pasta sauce. Frittata. Burritos or enchiladas. Look up Beef-a-roni and make it from scratch with pork mince. Hash. Pot pie.

1 Like

I make this recipe frequently. Everyone loves it and comes together fast. Use a good quality soy sauce.

1 package soba noodles - dried (I used whole wheat usually)
2 big bunches of scallions. Chopped, separate white from green parts into 2 bowls.
1 lb ground or minced pork
1/3 c soy sauce (or little more)
2T sugar (original recipe calls for 3T but a little too sweet for us)
original recipe calls for a thinly sliced hot pepper but I omit

Saute the white parts of the scallions until they are starting to brown. Add green part and continue to cook until you like the color on them. Usually a good 10ish minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Saute pork until cooked through (I like a little crisp here). While pork is cooking, make the noodles, drain and set aside. Add the soy sauce, sugar, scallions and noodles to the pork. Mix well and devour. YUM!

4 Likes

Mapo tofu. Tacos. Bolognese sauce. Add some sausage spices and make biscuits and gravy. Season and use as a pizza topping. Burgers.

3 Likes