More Chowhound Shenanigans

Just so you know…I haven’t had to. OOOPS!!! Spoke to soon. Just checked and had to log in.

I went and changed the damn password; noodled around a bit, but didn’t find anything of interest. Even the most recentTop Chef threads died after only 3 episodes, I believe - with maybe a finale thread. Unless they just kept chatting on the Ep 3 thread.

Then I logged out. Their changeover a year and a half ago did it for me.

And Traffic rankings doesn’t seem to be looking that good…although I’m sure Georges would say that’s not the real traffic ranking - yeah, yeah - that’s called “Alternative Facts”, Georges.

From Alexa.com:

From TrafficEstimate.com - monthly traffic is down 37%:

1 Like

Wow interesting stuff. A little more research and this turned up…

10 Likes

you have too much time on your hands :wink:

4 Likes

@NotJrvedivici, you forgot something!

4 Likes

They seem to have fixed the login bug - I logged in once today, and it seems to remember me when I close the browser now.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Ideas for the Cooking board (COTM/ DOTM, etc.)?

Funny, I didn’t feel like changing my password since it’s simple and I’m really not concerned about my account getting hacked. I just put in my old password as my new one, and it’s worked so far.

3 Likes

Now LindaWhit, you know damn well that most of the Top Chef traffic there was because of your wonderful recaps. After you stopped doing them - well, you know.

4 Likes

Awww, thanks! I did go back and read the Boston finale thread. Jeebus Christmas - I was detailed, wasn’t I? LOL

2 Likes

Hahahahaha I’m such an A@@hole. I just realized I got our own URL wrong!! We are Hungryonion.ORG, not .COM. LOL I might be clever but I sure as hell ain’t bright.

2 Likes

But we still wubs you. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No log on now. :thinking:

I just got censored on Site Feedback for mentioning a food site that is not CH. Seems that board gets more stuff taken down than any other. Anyway, I’ll be taking a break from that place. I don’t need the aggravation.

1 Like

North Korea of food web sites.

4 Likes

Just joined last week and heartened to find, in this thread, so many names I recognize and, of course, whose opinions I trust and value.

How far the mighty have fallen…adieu, Chowhound, you had a good run.

11 Likes

Welcome, Monch!!!

So did you all know it’s the twentieth anniversary of Chowhound?
https://www.chowhound.com/post/happy-20th-anniversary-chowhound-1059222

And I am the only one lame and gauche enough to reply so far. Sigh. Meaning even Leff doesn’t look at Site Feedback.

I DO stand by my picks. Hooch and Mooch, and the hot dog water thread.

1 Like

I never even log on to CH anymore . But the biggest thread that I remember was " Is a hot dog a sandwich ?"

I can’t remember the last time I visited CH–probably not since they suspended me for mentioning HO. But my favorites were LindWhit’s Top Chef recaps and the April 1 Banana Board.

4 Likes