Measuring cup confusion

I havent measured in anything else since the 1970s.

Correct, the tines should be down otherwise it looks agressive, at least in the French culture. Or maybe the Brits decided to do it the other way just to be different, like driving on the wrong side of the road :o))

2 Likes

You must not bake very much then. I measure $hit all the time. There’s no shame in it.

1 Like

Almost never.

I leave baking to Mrs Harters, who took it up when she retired some 13 years back. If it was left to me, the village bakery and the patisserie counter at the supermarket would be getting our business.

I hate when that happens …

for the record:

In the US, we would recognize the dessert spoon as a ‘teaspoon’ and the soup spoon as a ‘soup spoon’ or ‘tablespoon’. The largest would be a serving spoon.

You MIGHT find the 2nd smallest at someone who has a FULL set of formal china, with the shorter spoons meant especially for after dinner coffee or tea. But somehow, it’s not a teaspoon.

2 Likes

I have a canister of instant coffee that tells me, “Always use a dry spoon. Put coffee in a cup. Add boiling water…” Could they possibly be more vague?

Top to bottom: serving spoon, tablespoon/soup spoon, teaspoon, 5 o’clock teaspoon, demitasse/moka spoon/espresso

Too to bottom: gumbo spoon, regular soup spoon, bouillon spoon

Sorry I didn’t polish them first. Lol.

What is your definition of polishing? I can already see your reflection on the spoons

What, no salt spoon?

Since people differ in their preferred coffee strength, the “vague” is understandable.

1 Like

I’ve got a set! Do I have to dig them out?

I also have those spork-like ice cream spoons. :joy:

The repousse handles aren’t polished.

Edit: I meant the salt spoon reply for Evelyn.

I’ve got many. The drawer was stuck!