McRib is returning December 2nd!

Attention! Attention!! This is not a drill! @NotJrvedivici

2 Likes

1 Like

Lol, I have an old friend who loves this sandwich. I’ve never had one myself but he’s going to be so psyched.

1 Like

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll?? Is is as good as you remember?

I have not had the opportunity yet to indulge, however I do plan on it this weekend. I will keep you posted!!!

It was “good” but I certainly think the anticipation creates an expectation that is hard to live up to. I’ve had my one, I’m good for awhile. (anyone know if it’s Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce? It seems very similar)

4 Likes

I had one today as well. It reminded me of a flattened hot dog drenched in ketchup. I’m done with it.

1 Like

Is bigger always better?

1 Like

Sorta like making a clone AMC Gremlin. It could be done, but in the end you still just have a shiny Gremlin.

4 Likes

This from “Beavis and Butthead.” “You can’t polish a turd.”

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2020/12/03/mcrib-returns-mcdonalds/

1 Like

I’m going to try this, maybe next weekend for football!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I agree, sometimes things relly get inflated in your mind. Maybe I’ll try it next time it comes around in a few years. Right now, I’m just living vicariously through everyone else’s experiences and I’m ok with that!

2 Likes

It’s too long and narrow to use for football. Your best bet would be to bake an extra-large boule, slice a little slot in the side of it, and stuff all the filling through the slot. Obviously it would be too big for Tom Brady’s hand though. :wink:

1 Like

I might be seriously mistaken but I believe NotJR is a Giants fan, and they’re looking good, take that Russell Wilson.

Brady’s a big guy so I think he could handle the McRib but it won’t fit his diet.

1 Like

(I meant the extra-large boule, stuffed with interestingly-shaped sculptures made of ground pork, “way bigger” as in the link above, but more football shaped and less pool-cue shaped. And Brady can’t be that big if he needs to deflate the sandwich in order to hang on. :grin:)

1 Like
1 Like

Oh I see you discovered @gcaggiano YouTube channel!

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Well those of you who have gotten to know me on here have probably figured out a couple of things about me;

1.) I’m always up for a challenge
2.) I ain’t that bright

As validation of the above mentioned I offer you;
My Mc Rib!!! I tried to follow the recipe as provided in @seal video above. While I do fancy myself a decent cook at best, I am NOT a baker as is evidenced below. Sadly my bread really took away from the rest of it which was surprisingly rather good.

Not worth the effort with the baking ( I actually broke the kitchen aid mixer) because I had knead the bread by hand, not fun. Anywho I have officially made a Mc’ Rib add that to my resume! (also some hot honey and sriracha)

12 Likes