McDonald’s [Lexington MA]

Headed to RI this past weekend and Spring Onion begged us to stop at McDonald’s off the highway at the Lexington rest area. I broke down and had a hamburger and fries, and to my surprise, the burger was on-point, as were the fries. SO, as usual, devoured his Happy Meal. McDonald’s, where have you been for all my adult life?!

8 Likes

We find McDonald’s to be valuable when we’re on a road trip. What makes it a pit stop for us is decent enough coffee and the ability to use the drive through when our dog is along.

Oh, the excited tail wagging when we pull up to the drive through window. Pup doesn’t love highway travel so McD’s is a welcome break.

4 Likes

I’ll go to a Mickey D’s for my 2x a year craving of fries, but I can’t remember the last time I got a burger, or chicken tenders, or anything meat-like there. LOL

2 Likes

The local branch mailed coupons last year, and so I tried a quarter pounder and a Big Mac (on separate visits). They weren’t bad! I think the big difference is that they serve the burgers in rigid cardboard clamshell containers, so the don’t get all smushed up as they did with the simple paper wrappers.

2 Likes

What’s the dog’s standard order? :wink:

6 Likes

i go a couple times a year for a sausage biscuit with egg (no cheese:). wish they served breakfast all day — can be a pain to get there before 10:30,

5 Likes

I always take advantage of the “2 can dine for $XX” breakfast deals, they don’t come around as often as they used to. I’m still a fan of their burgers and sandwiches.

1 Like

I used to get a sausage McMuffin with egg every week on my way to the dog park, but I stopped when I saw the fat content–31 grams.

I do get a Filet O’ Fish every couple of weeks now.

3 Likes

Sausage and Egg McMuffin with a hash brown on top is my go to.

2 Likes

I should not admit this: Pup likes a plain small hamburger. No bun, no condiments. A French fry or two when she’s especially good.

This “Happy Meal” happens once or twice a year when we need to do a long roadtrip with the dog.

8 Likes

OMG. I didn’t expect all the responses on 1 April. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I thought you guys knew me better!

I didn’t eat at McDonald’s. But Spring Onion has partaken.

15 Likes

Ahhh, so is this another fruit fly post? :wink:

4 Likes

Just like a human kid.

4 Likes

As a parent of a hungry 15 year old boy, I recommend installing the McDonalds app. Prices are ridiculous without it. They usually have free any size fires with a $2 purchase or $1 fries. I had my annual shamrock shake and a medium was over five bucks, a large fry is nearly $5 as well. Yikes.

3 Likes

Well-played. :rofl: You win April 1st!

5 Likes

8 Likes

That was great! I read your post and thought…wait…they don’t eat meat? do they?

4 Likes

The guys are definitely omnivores.

2 Likes

I thought maybe you got a cheeseburger, hold the burger. Or better, cheeseburger, bun and cheese only.

3 Likes

Well played!

1 Like