Mayo: love it or hate it?

Almost always Dijon or a county style Dijon
but there are exceptions…

So a creamy dijon, ok I can see/imagine that. Might give it a try.

The country style works just as well
either mixture is very good with cold
lamb… for poached salmon (add fresh dill and diced cucumber)
just to clarify were you referring to mixture

Mmmmm mayo, Dijon, and key lime juice makes one of my favorite dipping/sauces for shrimp/crab/crab cakes/ etc.

4 Likes

love it…the variations are endless
this mixture is like a blank palate

dijon mayo dip for crispy fries :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yep, dijon. Me too.

Amora is my preferred dijon. It makes most dressings, dips, marinades, etc better.

Look what you started FH​:heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Has anyone tried this new Hellman’s mayo?
I haven’t made up my mind…really nice vinegary
kick with no chemical after taste but pretty salty
and the consistency is sticky yuck.
definitely will not work in a tuna salad
because of the consistency

So I guess they decided that instead of trying to drive Just Mayo out of business with lawsuits, they’d make their own version.

1 Like

Ya…good luck with that
unbelievable

The third ingredient is sugar, so no thank you. What’s worse than mayo? Sweet mayo!

3 Likes

Agreed. I also avoid vegan versions of real food - I’d much rather have eggs than whatever mixture of food starches and chemicals they use to create consistency and texture. Nasty.

3 Likes

Don’t think I would like an egg-less mayo.

1 Like

Please tell me more about your non-vegan version of a tomato. What makes it more real than the vegan version?

I wasn’t referring to vegetables or other naturally vegan foods. I was referring to foods that contain only “whole food” ingredients in their non-vegan iterations, but are full of synthesized products, starches and other non-“whole food” ingredients when veganized. This mayo is just one example. Faux meats are another. Butter/lard substitutes. Etc.

1 Like

Love it . So does anyone here make their own ? Haven’t read all the replies .

I’ve made my own but still like my Dukes or other brands. The two are just very different

1 Like

Agreed. Homemade is wonderful when you know the mayo is going to be the star of the show, but when it’s just an ingredient or supporting player, the jar is great.

1 Like

Exactly. Prioritization.